Gardner White / ruined floors

United States Review updated:

Bought furniture at Gardner White in Warren, MI. They delivered it and the loveseat was ruined. A spot/hole in the arm of the couch. Called & told them. They had another one sent out over the next couple days. The delivery guys delivered it & took away the old one and then I caught the one delivery guy sliding my couch across my newly finished hardwood floors!!! Staples on the bottom of the couches scarred up my floor!! He tried to deny it but I saw him do it with my own 2 eyes and so he noted it on the work slip. I had to call the sales guy to complain & see how they planned to fix it.

In the meantime, I go to attach the legs to my couch (no the delivery guys who were supposed to do this, did NOT) and come to find out there are 3, 3 inch screws that go into each of the 4 legs of the couch. There were not enough screws for either couches! The sofa was at least six short. I had to call again.

Then someone named Jeff who claimed he from "corporate" called about coming out to "assess" the damage on my floors. He came out yesterday and proceeded to "fix" the scratches. Actually he made it worse!!! My floor looks like crap in all the spots he touched! I'm so livid that I just don't know what to do! He said I had to sign the paper saying I was "satisfied" with the repairs to show he had spent an hour out there, so I did. Now I am left with more problems than ever. I don't think they have plans to fix it properly or compensate me either. They all give me the run around about who I actually have to call for this or that.

I will NEVER EVER again in life pruchase furniture from Gardner White!!!

Comments

• Ba
      15th of Apr, 2010

I am a Vice President at Gardner-White. I want to apologize to you these types of problems should not happen. Please email me with your name and contact information and I will make sure our customer service manager Kim calls you today and makes arrangements to properly fix your floor. My email address is [protected]@gmail.com.