Fry's Electronics / Fry's Campbell, CA &greedy& manager

My husband woke up early today to go to Fry's Campbell, CA and see if this store has a Nintendo Wii available. He was there before the store opened at 10 am. When the doors opened, he headed straight to their games department and saw a sales associate ringing the last Wii console they have. My husband asked if it was available and the sales associate said, "No, this one is for the manager. He bought it already."

I didn't know Fry's has a policy that their managers and employees get priority over its customers for high-demand, limited shipment merchandise. They already have an easy advantage over hapless customers on the Wii consoles - they know when these are going to get shipped to them, how many and at what price. They could inform their family and friends about them and yes, buy them for themselves at an employee-discounted price before everyone else could see them on the store's shelves. So I guess I'm not at all surprised that this greedy manager, who is supposed to give priority to his or her store's customers, got the last Wii without thought of his responsibility as a manager (but then again, who am I kidding? retail employees in the US all have the mentality - "I don't care, I only look out for myself").

What irked me the most is that, this manager didn't even have the "emotional intelligence" to buy the console before the store opens and take it off the shelf before customers come in and see it. They even choose to have it displayed on the shelf for everyone to see and ask about it, giving them false hope. What arrogance!!!

A  27th of Jul, 2008 by
That is insane. I mean they should had taken it off shelves! I would have never go back in that store again because of that.
A  16th of Nov, 2008 by
frys electronics campbell is very scandalous store.
their manager seemed like a big ### to me.with his unibrow and two faced attitude.
i dont think i will ever go back to this location ever again. although the san jose location seems more friendly
N  31st of Oct, 2010 by
yeah but that is kind of funny though...kind of like giving just the wii box to a kid for christmas and to see his heart break as he discovers that there is no wii inside hahahaha

Fry's Electronics Logo Fry's Electronics