Fry's Electronics / warranty repair/replacement

1 Anaheim, CA, United States Review updated:

Purchased a refurbished HP Pavilion laptop at 8:30pm, went to my car and checked out the laptop and noticed a film on the screen and some of the keys got stuck and would not rebound. Brought the laptop from the parking lot back into the store and they refused to do anything with it, would not fix it or replace it. Alex Gonzalez, Service Manager at the Anaheim, CA Store all but verbally accused me of doing something to the laptop when I simply open the package and tried the keys to make sure they worked, as you should do with refurbished products.

Not to mention I bought the 2 year direct replacement warranty and they would not help or do anything and could care less and the attitude of Alex Gonzalez, Service Manager, was appauling, completely uncalled for and rude and very accusatory.

Comments

Sa
  11th of Feb, 2009

I have my laptop sent in for service in the same store(Fry's electronics in Anaheim). It takes more than a year and they still can't fix my laptop. Since I bought my replacement warranty, they have to repalce my laptop if they can't fix it..but it tooks me another month waiting for the paper approval for the replacement. I keep calling almost everyday and the service manager, Evan, said he would give me a call back but he never did. I am very pissed off about their service and thinking about sueing them...

La
  29th of Jun, 2009

i actually am having the same issue at the same location, the anaheim location. They have had my laptop in and out for a good year now and the problem is still unresolved. I have taken it to their service manager at their headquarters but even then, the response is extremely slow. I have also tried to deal with their store manager Robert Rachman. Have any of you guys gotten a successful response from them? I am at the point where according to their warranty they should replace my product, but they are refusing to do so. I am also thinking about taking legal actions. Please let me know what your status us, maybe we can work together.

Sa
  1st of Dec, 2012

You should check the laptop IN THE STORE, not in the car. That is your fault good sir.