Frigidaire Dryer Feq332ceso / poor product / poor guarantee

Qu├ębec, Canada Review updated:
My dryer, barely used, almost burnt my house down. I went downstairs one day and noticed a burnt smell and tracked it to the dryer which was not being used. But, the body of the dryer was smoking hot. After unplugging the dryer, I let it cool down and tore it apart to test it, because it was just over the one year warrenty. I found the element was on even though the main controls were off !!! I called several reapair shops and was qouted around $200.00 for the service trip and parts. Well the part alone was $160.00. I emailed the Canadian Factory rep, told them the issue with a barely used unit and they basically told me too bad so sad, go get it fixed !! No help, no concern, did not give a dam about product quality. I guess they felt they had our money already so why bother. Well, I struck back. I went out and bought a LG dryer from Home Depot. Never again will I support this company. And just think about all the bad advertising they are going to get, rather than helping a customer out. Their call, they can live with it.
Hi

Comments

Am
  2nd of Oct, 2014
The Electrolux Front Loader Washing Machine (EIFLS60LSS0) purchased in 2013 is destroying my clothes.
It rips towels, and causes pilling on my clothes. They look old and worn. I have resorted to hand washing clothes
that I don't want destroyed.. The Electrolux Company is unable to help me resolve the issue. They will only pay for parts replacement but won't diagnosis the parts that need to be replaced. BYERS BEWARE. I WOULD STRONGLY RECOMMEND NIT BUYING AN ELECTROLUX FRONT LOADER WASHING MACHINE.
On
  6th of Oct, 2014
Hello Friend,

On behalf of Frigidaire, please except our humble apologies on your recent frustrating experience.

Please allow us the opportunity to restore your confidence. We never wish such inconveniences upon our consumers and want to research your history with us. If you will, kindly contact us at SocialCare(at)Frigidaire.com with your full name in the subject line and all contact and product information in your email body.

Your concern will be reevaluated with our complete and full attention. We hear your voice and thank you for taking your time to share your important feedback, and again, our sincere apologies for your unsatisfactory experience.

Best regards