My dryer, barely used, almost burnt my house down. I went downstairs one day and noticed a burnt smell and tracked it to the dryer which was not being used. But, the body of the dryer was smoking hot. After unplugging the dryer, I let it cool down and tore it apart to test it, because it was just over the one year warrenty. I found the element was on even though the main controls were off !!! I called several reapair shops and was qouted around $200.00 for the service trip and parts. Well the part alone was $160.00. I emailed the Canadian Factory rep, told them the issue with a barely used unit and they basically told me too bad so sad, go get it fixed !! No help, no concern, did not give a dam about product quality. I guess they felt they had our money already so why bother. Well, I struck back. I went out and bought a LG dryer from Home Depot. Never again will I support this company. And just think about all the bad advertising they are going to get, rather than helping a customer out. Their call, they can live with it.