Freelotto / Division of Unclaimed Funds

Posted:

Just another lottery scam!

4.35
I am a Senior Fraud Victim Advocate with Fraudaid.org , first of all what you have experienced is what we call a Fake Lottery Scam. It is designed for one purpose only and that is to get innocent and unsuspecting people involved in the fantasy of winning a ton of money. They use this scam to do one of two things:

Launder money by sending you a check with your winnings letter and instructing you to depsosit the check and send off a portion of it to pay so called fees and taxes to free up your winnings OR for the purpose of getting you to pay advanced fees to gain access to your winnings. Here are the cold hard facts:

1. If you did not purchase a lottery ticket , you could not have won that lottery. Why? Lotteries only exist on the money gained through the sale of tickets. The money they get from people purchasing tickets IS the money or at least a portion of that money that is dished out in winnings.

2. IF you have gotten a surprise winning notification and a check from a lottery company you had better verify that the lottery is real and that the check was indeed issued to you by the " Account Holder". Most likely that check is Counterfeit and you can wind up in a heap of trouble either with your bank or legally if you cash it.

NEVER EVER send money to anyone you do not know via services like Western Union, Money Gram etc based on a sales pitch or promise. Those services are widely used to scam people out of hard earned money. Why? Simply put... once that money is sent and picked up at the other end there is NO way to retrieve it or to recover your losses.

For more information on scams and how to protect yourself visit us at www.fraudaid.org What you do not know can hurt you.

Always remember .......

Silence is a thief's best friend..... word-of-mouth is his worst enemy! Spread the word.
Complaint comments Comments (357)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Lottery Scams

Comments

A  19th of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes
Today I was checking my email and while having nothing to do, I decided to check the spam I have received in the last days. The first message call my attention because announced I was a winner of $256 million. A little bit excited, but no without some reserve, I googled freelotto, and quickly found that I am not a new millionaire. I then went back to my spam box and searched for all messaged with the word freelotto on it, and found out that my total winnings were of $1,277 million (I which it were true). I just think something should be done with this, and so many other spam messages that can actually serve to steal people's money, but I also think everybody should be aware of this situation and be very careful when receive these kind of e-mails. I just thank gmail for putting the message directly into my spam box (along with 821 more, in the last month) and thank google for being so effective and letting me know, with no effort at all, that gmail knows what it is doing and that I wasn't a new millionaire. I will never open my spam box again, ever.
A  20th of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes
What is really surprising is the quantity of fools. Can't you read the emails? They never say you have won anything, just eligible to win. If you can't read, you don't deserve that much money!
N  21st of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes
I think I have won, but can not claim or enter my account information, because your server wont let me go into the site.

Is there any other way, maybe a telephone number, and another thing I can not remember my login and password.
A  23rd of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes
Received an e-mail from again requesting my Immediate Attention Requested - Reply by 2007/11/25. It state's it is from the Division of Unclaimed Funds. It is in a form of a check with the address of Freelotto on it on the upper left side of the check. On the upper right hand side of the check it gives a check number of M98211. It state's pay the amount of 1 Million Dollars and has my name and address on it and is signed by Patrick J. Chambers. This not the only Prize that company has said I have won.please help me
A  28th of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes
I am a USD millionaire on the owner only because I have got a copy of my check but when I claim for it they always say that my CVV is incorrect so unable to claim. Have win also 10 ,000 and 300 usd but as far as I know by verifying the result everyday I never got six good numbers. Pls advise. Since fifteen days I am playing and its only after 3 days I won all that.
D  3rd of Dec, 2007 by    0 Votes
I have been playing Freelotto off and on for several years, and will have to say they are OK in my books and will continue to play. I gave them my credit card info for "fast" one time which playing for me every day seven days a week. But now I pick my own numbers when I can. Just seems like they have been on the web to long to be a scam!! I will keep playing..........
N  5th of Dec, 2007 by    0 Votes
I recieved an e-mail that i won the money, but am trying to trace it but i am unable.please send the prize or else i sighn out
N  5th of Dec, 2007 by    0 Votes
the free lotto sending me the approval of check worth $1million dollars but the damm problem is they are asking my credit card # to validate my prize and to be process can you help this people are just scamming me
A  8th of Dec, 2007 by    0 Votes
They said its a freelotto what i know free is free, why they are asking for money.
A  9th of Dec, 2007 by    0 Votes
It sounds like a scam. why are they so keen to give away $1,000,000, $10,000 and $300. Well i must be the luckiest person in the world. They will die waiting for my $14.99!
N  14th of Dec, 2007 by    0 Votes
I wanna see if someone can help me unsubscribe from this freelotto thing. My husband received the email saying hed won and he actually paid them the money!! he is so naive! now they charge a monthly fee of 9.99 and i dunno how to unsubscribe, cause they ask u for your password, i dont even know it! This guys are a big scam, and i noticed since the beginning, but i was not heard! This scams really make me mad!
A  17th of Dec, 2007 by    0 Votes
Many times I received message from Freelotto, Division of Unclaimed Fund, informed me that I won 1 million, 10 thousands and 300 hundreds US dollars and ask me to claimed it with my credit card, but in fact, I do nothing, because I really don’t believe it, also it shows the photographs of it winner members, such as Eric Prevost a recent 10 million winner from France. This could sound pretty good and true but I don’t know absolutely.

Until now Division of Unclaimed Fund is still delivering me with a message, but I strongly could not give to them my credit card information and will never pay any amount because I believe that it is a fake lotto.

This is just a big ###... believe me...
A  20th of Dec, 2007 by    0 Votes
Sometimes ago i worn $1000000 and all of a sudden my name was erazed.
D  24th of Dec, 2007 by    0 Votes
I dont think this is a good game, i think they cheats.
A  26th of Dec, 2007 by    0 Votes
I received the same e-mail from freelotto and reply by giving my credit card number. After a while a page appared saying that "sorry we can not proceed your payment." I am now worrying that if they will take my money for every month. Is there a way stopping that? I will be pleased if someone replies that. Thanks anyway.
A  29th of Dec, 2007 by    0 Votes
i was sent a email from freelotto.com claiming that i won one million ten thousand and three hundred dollars. i live in barbados west indies. i felt it was fraudulent after they kept asking for credit card details. its always everyones dream to be rich there are playing on your dreams. be cautious when things are to good to be true.
A  2nd of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes
The statements I have read here seems to be true though I have not confirmed. I am waiting to see by the end of this week.
N  5th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes
I really don't if I won. I recieve 23 messages from freelotto by just June or July but when I checked
this Jan. 6, I've got 276 messages from freelotto.
PLEASE CONFIRM! IT MAYBE A SCAM BUT A STUPID SCAMMER ONLY WOULD SEND ME A TON OF MESSAGES SAYING THAT I WON! WHAT SHOULD I DO? HELP PLEASE...................
A  6th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes
I AM ALSO RECIEVING THE SAME THINGS ON MY EMAIL. HOW CAN I BLOCK THIS SENDER TO STOP SENDING ME THIS NONSENSE MAILS!!!
A  7th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes
I dont agree with this scam i have just emailed them teling them if i do not recieve my money back and delete my account details then i am going to the police because when they send a email i am sure the police can get their ip address and track them down they are ###.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree