Freelotto / Division of Unclaimed Funds

Posted:

Just another lottery scam!

4.35
I am a Senior Fraud Victim Advocate with Fraudaid.org , first of all what you have experienced is what we call a Fake Lottery Scam. It is designed for one purpose only and that is to get innocent and unsuspecting people involved in the fantasy of winning a ton of money. They use this scam to do one of two things:

Launder money by sending you a check with your winnings letter and instructing you to depsosit the check and send off a portion of it to pay so called fees and taxes to free up your winnings OR for the purpose of getting you to pay advanced fees to gain access to your winnings. Here are the cold hard facts:

1. If you did not purchase a lottery ticket , you could not have won that lottery. Why? Lotteries only exist on the money gained through the sale of tickets. The money they get from people purchasing tickets IS the money or at least a portion of that money that is dished out in winnings.

2. IF you have gotten a surprise winning notification and a check from a lottery company you had better verify that the lottery is real and that the check was indeed issued to you by the " Account Holder". Most likely that check is Counterfeit and you can wind up in a heap of trouble either with your bank or legally if you cash it.

NEVER EVER send money to anyone you do not know via services like Western Union, Money Gram etc based on a sales pitch or promise. Those services are widely used to scam people out of hard earned money. Why? Simply put... once that money is sent and picked up at the other end there is NO way to retrieve it or to recover your losses.

For more information on scams and how to protect yourself visit us at www.fraudaid.org What you do not know can hurt you.

Always remember .......

Silence is a thief's best friend..... word-of-mouth is his worst enemy! Spread the word.
Complaint comments Comments (357)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Lottery Scams

Comments

N  12th of Jun, 2012 by    0 Votes
Dear
Kevin J. Aronin
My Price Check No : M98211 for # 1000.000.00 Dolor ps/ my price amount, in the my address for
Lokmanul hakim
Pacific Bangladesh Telecom Limited
Pacific center 14, Mohakhali, C/A Dhaka-1212
My Mobile No :+8801199-800169
Thanks
Lokman
N  12th of Jun, 2012 by    0 Votes
I received an email from Freelotto New York congratulating me for winning $1.000.000.00 us dollars and a copy of a check for the same amount stating for immediate payment with my name and address. the date of the check was 29/082008 and as me to respond by the 29/08/2008. The letter further stated that I have Four year to claim my prize. I have been trying to respond to this email since the and have provided them with all the requested information, but heard nothing from them. I have been a subscriber of freelotto for a year and have in so far received two checks for the amount of $1.00 us dollars posted to my address. free lotto has been taking money from my credit card account since then and sending me weekly results of automatic selection of numbers as it was my choice via email. I thought that it was legal, but now I have the filling that they have ripped me off, the address on the top left inside of the check stated: Division of Unclaimed Funds, Po Box 4562, New york, NY 10163, check # M98211 I live in Bangladesh and would like to get some advise on what to do so that we can bring these crooks to justice please help
N  17th of Jul, 2012 by    0 Votes
I just cant believe why some people strive to steal from others using this devil's idea "FREELOTTO" or whatever. They thought they are doing something good, but in reality they are taking a path to hell. Ashame on you, you better not born on earth. Quit those SCAMS or go have your kids shoot you on the head. If you want money, go find some toilets bowl to lick and get credit for that. If you are close by me, I m telling you, I will cut you in pieces. I destroy the unwanted people on earth.
N  9th of Aug, 2012 by    0 Votes
ihI thanks I won but I need to know about the lotto number can you tell me if I won my name is Rosie Hudson and can yo text me back at HudsonRosie1@gmail.com thank you
A  9th of Aug, 2012 by    0 Votes
hi my name is rosie has been the money off my credit card it was $14.99on my credit card and I was wondering did I win
N  23rd of Jan, 2013 by    0 Votes
dear sir!
i want to know that when free lotto is available in India. so that why is it not accepting my location. please give me any type of idea to register on free lotto or what to do before register the free lotto account. please help me soon...
N  13th of Sep, 2014 by    0 Votes
IHAVE WEFREE BUT WHAT CAN IDO
A  8th of Mar, 2015 by    0 Votes
I Really Think They Should Hold The Web Sites Accountable For There Lies And Promises To Consumers, It Fraud Against The American People, And Innocent People Fall Victim To These Lies, And Dealing With That Emptiness Of High Hopes Is Not Replaceable.
N  18th of Mar, 2015 by    0 Votes
I do not need this any more thank you it was fun.. But pleade do not take any more of my money off my bank card.. And i screen shoted this message and save it to my phoneas well.

Thank you!
Jakia King. 3/18/2015
N  4th of Jun, 2015 by    0 Votes
Sir, I think I'm won the game prize. But I don't get my prize money. I'm include my prize money notification. Please processed my file & I hope I will get the prize money.

N  26th of Sep, 2015 by    0 Votes
hello good evening, i have notifications that i am iligible winner at free lotto, but i cannot complete my FAST FORM because i dont have any credit card number to fill up the form, how can i claim or how can i get the prize? im jerwin of zamboanga sibugay philippines please let me know
A  9th of Nov, 2015 by    0 Votes
I have received mail from freelotto that I won the prize on the Nov 5 2015 But I can not claim my prize. Another lottery scam fiayaz tahseen
H.366st.3 gopal nagar gulberg.3
lahore, muslim 54660!
my id no tahseenahmad324@gmail.com
USERID# 96041116
fone no 00923334648828
N  7th of Jan, 2016 by    +1 Votes
Me to im eligible but i dont have a cridet card how i claim the prices
N  11th of Jan, 2016 by    +1 Votes
i am also eligible winner but i don't have credit number, if i try to get new credit number after a month will it be possible to get the money? i am ethiopian. is there an expire date for claim.please give me the most true informotion to get the money .

N  1st of Feb, 2016 by    0 Votes
What is a declaration of qualification entry from free lotto my name is highlighted under 10, 000, 000, 00$ and it took me to this declaration of qualified entry telling ke I need to pay 14.99 for monthly subscriptions if it's fake how do I cancel my account on this site
N  28th of Jul, 2016 by    0 Votes
I never gave authorization for this company to charge on my debit card every month don't how long they been charging me and email them always gave me the run arounds
N  5th of Sep, 2016 by    0 Votes
i have eligipt cash help me

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree