Menu
The Ohio Lottery Commission Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

The Ohio Lottery Commission
reviews & complaints

www.ohiolottery.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.0 38 Reviews

The Ohio Lottery Commission Complaints Summary

0 Resolved
37 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with The Ohio Lottery Commission at a 0% resolution rate requires careful navigation. Deep-dive into detailed customer experiences to uncover systemic issues. Critically assess their service descriptions against actual user feedback. When interacting, document every detail, as comprehensive records are vital in such scenarios. Exploring alternatives and understanding your consumer rights are crucial steps. If necessary, be prepared to seek external advice or intervention. In challenging service landscapes, informed decision-making and proactive steps are essential for protecting your interests.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for The Ohio Lottery Commission has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of The Ohio Lottery Commission. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

The Ohio Lottery Commission reviews & complaints 38

Filter reviews by rating
1 review
Sort by:

Newest The Ohio Lottery Commission reviews & complaints

3:18 pm EST

The Ohio Lottery Commission 10× The money scratch off

I purchased a $2.00 10× the money scratch off today 02/29/2024 at Sunoco on Gracely Drive.

It says I won $55.00 but I was only cashed out $50.00.

I called customer service in Cincinnati, Ohio they says it's my lost and my ticket doesn't pay out $55.00 winning

This is a rip off obviously it says I won $55.00 I'm upset and I'd like my $5.00 please

Claimed loss: $5.00

Desired outcome: $5.00

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified The Ohio Lottery Commission representatives only. If you are affiliated with The Ohio Lottery Commission, please claim your business to access these details.

C
9:08 am EST
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

The Ohio Lottery Commission Ohio lottery cash & coupons

Ohio lottery cash & coupons is a scam! I called to ask about the lottery cash and was told that they are renewed every day, but they run out fast. So I waited and kept checking every day for a month still nothing. So one day I checked every five minutes for the whole day, even The middle of the night still nothing. So I called and was told the same thing that they run out fast so I Informed customer service that I checked every five minutes. Then, all of a sudden I was told that there are technical difficulties. That’s why they’re not showing up.. Ohio Lottery players are being cheated

4:01 pm EDT

The Ohio Lottery Commission Ohio lottery

I would like to file a complaint about the ohio lottery. Every time there is a sprinkle of rain the entire lottery system goes down. Now, i’ve been playing lottery for over 20 years and never experienced this insanity until about 2 years ago. It amazes me that how a company worth so much money cannot keep their system running during a simple sprinkle/rain. We live in a time when technology has never been so advanced, yet the ohio lottery system can’t function through a thunderstorm. Aside from that it prevents people from buying their jackpot tickets and even cashing any winners in. You guys need to do better with all the money you make.

Desired outcome: Fix your system so we can buy our tickets regardless if it’s raining

9:53 pm EDT

The Ohio Lottery Commission All lottery games

Your the legal thieves of the American people need to shut this scam program down. This program was design to support the schools yet we are still voting on levy's. Also you claimed that you made profit when gambling was not legal in Ohio which would be illegal. So let prove that you give real winners money not friends and family and how much really goes to the schools.

Desired outcome: Shut the lottery down all you are is liers and thieves. Prove you have real winners every time you claim there is a winner.

2:12 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

The Ohio Lottery Commission Ohio lottery keeps repeating numbers and pulling weird numbers they don't pull over due numbers were requested a third draw be out in place

Hello my name is Kimberly Mason of Ohio I'm writing to complain about the Ohio lottery they keep repeating numbers over and over taking advantage of the players are loosing alot of money we have a very low rated of winners common numbers and over due numbers are not falling what so ever and we are requesting a third drawing to be put in place so that more players would have a better chance to win I'm speaking on behalf of 3k people whole all are in my lottery group there is a lot of frustration because of this unfair matter that is recurring in the Ohio lottery drawings please consider listening to our voices yours truly Kimberly Mason and @lottomacy22 Lottery group

Desired outcome: Changes be made in the Ohio lottery

H
5:59 am EDT

The Ohio Lottery Commission Ohio pick-3 and pick/4 games

Lottery numbers pick-3 and pick-4 are super fixed. Numbers use to come once every other month different ways. Pick-3 so fixed a hot numbers only comes once a year. Pick-4 a hot number don’t come for about 10 years or more. Numbers the computer is playing are numbers the consumers are not playing This has become a big ripoff since 2014. Everyone I know that plays is complaining.

Desired outcome: Hire a New computer programmer to program the numbers where the balls fall fair for thePick-3 and Pick-4

T
1:06 am EST

The Ohio Lottery Commission Kroger 43214

The lottery needs to be investigated I spent 100 dollars on a 50 30 20 and 5 none were winners third time this month his has happened yall have to do better people in ohio spend millions on this to barley won anything I will not be participating in this scam yall should be Ashamed. Also I called in to get my rewards acc fixed which no help was given I'm not being able to access my lotto coupons and rewards. The it department said bc of old lottery ticket the scanner doesn't even scan an old lottery ticket if it expired

Desired outcome: I would like for the lottery commission to be investigated and my rewards account to be fixed

I
7:15 pm EST

The Ohio Lottery Commission Game show contact

My sister's name was drawn in late November/early December for the game show for February. Her name is Lee McKinney from Millersport, Ohio. She has not been contacted or received any response from multiple calls made with messages left. Please advise what she is to do before it's too late. Her phone number is [protected]. My name is Cynthia Anderson [protected].

Cynthia Anderson

Desired outcome: Please contact us

K
10:21 am EST

The Ohio Lottery Commission Payment not received.

I won 500 on a scrathoff on November 16. I attempted to mobile cash it, which I had done before. I called the Ohio lottery on November 21. They could not tell me anything other than "looks good". Could not verify any account numbers. I am told to call back on November 30. On November 30 I received an email saying that my bank rejected the deposit. (I had already called the bank, they said they saw no deposit.) That they were terribly sorry but the check was being mailed out TODAY. The check is being mailed from Cleveland and I live in Lancaster. It is now December 6th, and I have received nothing. Because I won on November 16th I told my son who previously did not think we were going to have Thanksgiving that we would! And then had to turn around and disappoint him again. I wish I had just taken it to cash it. Maybe then I would have actually seen it. Currently looking for someone higher than the commission to report to.

Desired outcome: Speak to me in person and I will come to the office and get a check.

K
9:14 am EST

The Ohio Lottery Commission Really poor customer service

I just got off the phone from the Ohio lottery Commission. I called to find out if anything could be done about my credit card being used fraudulently by a thief to buy multiple lottery tickets. My bank has cleared my account of that ticket fraud. I do not want to be a part of enriching a thief so I called to find if there is some kind of way they can track number tickets from merchants and cancel them or track the tickets that were cashed in at the establishment it allowed this person to use a credit card that did not belong to them. The person I spoke to at 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 a.m. today was very rude and I hope that you can review the recorded conversation thank you for your time have a great day.

Desired outcome: All the stolen tickets should be canceled

9:37 pm EDT

The Ohio Lottery Commission Machine accepts $20 dollars soon after showed $0 balance and can’t buy a ticket

While I was on break I decide to play some scratch off at Kroger 383 played $30 worth of bingo $10 no luck of course since we are in ohio then I decide to add another $20 machine accept the amount and quickly balance turns to $0 balance time was at 2 53am to be exact.

Old non functional machines that they good at stealing money from us in many ways

Either ticket get stuck take ur money and u won’t be able to buy anything

I m done with this grap and next time when I feel a little lucky I will just drive to Indiana or Kentucky and play there

You guys are just bunch of theives

Desired outcome: Need my money back

5:26 pm EDT

The Ohio Lottery Commission All ez play tickets are a rigged scam that do not pay out according to the odds given

I do Ohio lottery tiktok videos, I have almost 250 followers and have been doing this fot a little over a year, at first I only did scratch offs, at the constant urging of my viewers I switched to easy play because they all insisted none of them pay out according to the odds given, especially in rural areas. I was skeptical because though I've never won much on scratch offs and lose way more than I win, they still pay out according to the odds and percentages given. ALWAYS. After 4 Months of playing only Easy play and spending about 40k on tickets, not only did I find my viewers are 100% correct, at best the odds are two to thee times worse than the odds given, at the worst the odds on some are 10x worse than the odds given. Last night I spent 100$ on 100karot tickets, in 100 tickets there was 1 winner for 21$ and 99 losers, this is completely disgusting and not ethical at all. in 50 of your jackpot 7s tickets I've hit only 2 winners for 40$. 48 lovers over the course of two months. Your battle ship and 5spot tickets the results have been equally as poor and I've played hundreds of each. After the 99 losers of 100 100karot tickets I decided to call the lotto commissions and ask for an explanation. After being placed on hold for over an hour and being spoken to extremely rudely. The lady got back on the line and tried to tell me the EZplay tickets work according to an algorithm and the results I'm seeing are completely normal and fair, she even tried to tell me the same is true of scratch offs and they send out entire books with 0 winners in them,anyone who has ever player scratch offs knows this is a blatant lie and only a despicable human being who was raised to be a pile of smoldering trash would ever tell such a blatant disgusting lie and defend these kind of results. I Told her that I've played enough scratch offs and heard enough lies in my life to know one when I hear one, she then hung up in my ear. Flat out yall should be ashamed of yourselves, like you don't make enough money off of people already without robbing them? The bottom line is I have no decides to dedicate my life and every video I make going forward exposing the Ohio lottery for what they are..Theiving Liars, with 0 respect or regard for the customer or their intelligence. So remember. What happens next you forced my hand and brought this on yourselves

Desired outcome: I want evert single Ezplay game removed immediately, normal and progressive jackpots and all your customers refunded for every single EZ play ticket they can prove they've ever bought.

Read full review of The Ohio Lottery Commission and 1 comment
Update by Logan Case
Sep 23, 2022 5:40 pm EDT

Photos since video didn't post

Update by Logan Case
Sep 23, 2022 5:27 pm EDT

I have 250thousand followers, not 250..

1 comment
Black Empress
, US
Nov 08, 2022 5:25 am EST

Yea after this little delay they have on the powerball I’m definitely starting to feel like the lottery is a scam. All this money they get from our communities and I don’t know not one person who has ever hit big. Especially in Columbus maybe on the outskirts but not inner city. Think I won’t be playing anymore their already rich using us to stay rich smh

G
9:20 pm EDT

The Ohio Lottery Commission Ohio Lottery Terminal # 3033612

9/5/2022 5:12-5:25PM EDT

Subject: Terminal didn’t dispense ticket failed to return $10

I entered $ 23 cash & $2 winnings from entry of a winning ticket. Pressed option for Game 740 Bingo $10 TWICE & machine displayed message dispensing tickets for several minutes. Then, message, “unexpected error occurred”. Message disappeared I saw 15 not 25.

Desired outcome: Reimburse my $10. Second time I’ve had this experience at a terminal. The first time, I was never reimbursed.

J
9:54 am EDT

The Ohio Lottery Commission Scratch offs

Everything is a scam anymore. Ever since the scamdemic. Something is going on and these places like the Ohio lottery, Scioto Downs, and Hollywood Casino all know it. They're raking in as much as possible and don't even care that people know they ain't giving anything back. But I have faith all the greedy [censored]s will eventually have to answer for what they've done to all of these people. Just flat out stollen from people that are usually already struggling. You scumbags will never get another penny from me and neither will the casinos.

2:04 pm EDT

The Ohio Lottery Commission Rolling cash 5

Inserted my Rolling Cash 5 ticket into the automatic ticket reader at Krogers. It said I had won $1. I got in line to cash the ticket and to buy a new one. The cashier at the Service Desk told me my ticket was not a winner. I asked for it back and rescanned it right there and then. Sure enough, the scanner said it was not a winner. I kept it and bought a new one. An hour later, after shopping, I re-scanned my old ticket and saw that it had won $1. I got in line and cashed it for my $1 and told the same cashier at the Service Desk that it was the same ticket she earlier said was not a winner. She said it must have just taken the system awhile to clear. In my opinion, Ohio Lottery is a SCAM and does this on purpose, most especially to big winners who never know they won because the system is rigged to tell them they are not a winner. They go away believing it and tossing their winning ticket into the trash.

Desired outcome: Everyone quit buying Ohio lottery tickets.

M
5:16 pm EDT

The Ohio Lottery Commission Instants

I have played the Ohio instants for 22 years religiously. I have never ever won more then a 250$ ticket and that’s playing $2, $5, $10 and $20 tickets. I literally spend about 200 a week. Why is it so unbelievably bad now? Wish I could get some money back cause it’s been so unfair. Loser after loser and if I’m lucky my money back on a ticket. My contact is [protected]

Desired outcome: I’d like to get some money back as I’m a single mom and I own an animal rescue and in need of a vehicle but I’m highly doubtful of this so I don’t know. It’s just sad.

7:32 am EST

The Ohio Lottery Commission Scratch off lottery tickets

We live in Urbana Ohio. We have bought multiple books of lottery tickets and we have proof that you are not putting winning tickets out like you’re supposed to. There are supposed to be so many winners in each book of scratch off tickets but there is not. We just wanna know why? You are stealing from a lot of people and people are spending money on a complete lie. We are putting it all together as documented proof of theft. You’re welcome to contact me [protected]@gmail.com. I have multiple videos as evidence that I would like to send you but I’m sure you already know what I’m talking about thank you for your time

Desired outcome: An explanation of why you’re doing this to hard-working people spending their hard earned money on a lie?

H
8:09 pm EST

The Ohio Lottery Commission Ohio lottery

I'm mean I don't mind loosing but come on Ohio u guys keep playing the same numbers not giving me a fair chance. Plz try and bring some good numbers I need money and u guys just keep taking it I ve have lost around 50 thousand dollars n the last year I don't think it's fair u to keep repeating or dropping the same numbers with no Good payouts. I feel robbed.

D
11:39 am EST

The Ohio Lottery Commission Sheetz store #00342 and Ohio lottery commission

I was at this Sheetz on October 10 at 8am and had about seven winning scratch offs. They said they couldn't cash them at that time because her lottery was down. I decided to play three of the smaller winning tickets totaling 45 dollars at the kiosk for more tickets instead of cash. I scanned my ticket twice to choose to play the winning amount and moved on to the next two. I noticed when I scanned in the third one it said I had no balance it had disappeared. I waited for the "manager" if one could even call her that named chelsea for close to a half hour but she refused to come assist me. I find most the gas stations with kiosks have very little training or experience with the Ohio lottery kiosks and try to push it off onto the Ohio lottery as being responsible. I went home and I called your hotline and was told this is sheetz responsibility to refund the winnings and that they are able to run a report. Next day I stopped first thing in the morning and the manager on duty was more helpful but unable to give me any resolution she had me wait and came out and said she called you and you said I needed to call you that it wasn't their problem. I did and was told the same info again. I called spoke with the manager from that morning and she later called me back and said to come in at noon and we would call the lottery together. I went in at noon and she was too busy to help so she told me to come back. Then when I returned she told me she was going to forward this to corporate and have them figure it out with you. I have gone in there two or three times a week and asked and nobody says they have heard anything. I have the tickets still and I know that they have cameras on that machine and this is not the first time this store has had a mishap with the kiosk and not given me my money that was on the kiosk before they lost power. I just want paid 45 dollars is not something I'm going to give up on like I previously did when they gave me the run around. Can you please investigate and get my winning ticket money from them?

Desired outcome: My 45 dollars and I think they should pay interest

J
9:21 am EST

The Ohio Lottery Commission Holiday lucky times 10 scratch off

I purchased 2 of these scratch off tickets about 2 weeks ago as I was going through Ohio for work as I do a lot. I don't remember exactly where I purchased them but one of the tickets is a $10 winner but it seems to not be active therefore I can't cash it in. I know it's only $10 but it's a major inconvenience for me and I shouldn't have to experience this since I paid for the ticket!
Jesse Johnson
204 NW H St
Richmond, IN 47374
[protected]@gmail.com

Desired outcome: Resolve the issue.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

The Ohio Lottery Commission contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with The Ohio Lottery Commission?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with The Ohio Lottery Commission Customer Service. Initial The Ohio Lottery Commission complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for The Ohio Lottery Commission above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about The Ohio Lottery Commission. Discuss the issues you have had with The Ohio Lottery Commission and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.