FPL / tardness of turning back on light when turned off

1 po box 02557United States Review updated:
Phone: 18002263545

we had out service turn off, we had not got a disconnect notice or even a phone call, they told us that it would be 2 to 24 hours befor our service would be turn back on, we payed our bill august 7th at 3:55, and was supposto to be turn our service back on at 3:55, august 8th, we made 5 phone call to find out when we would have our service back on, it was in the ninietys out side, I have 4 dogs, and my hubson has had cancer service and cannot take the heat, we do not have places to go in this kind of susation, at 3:55 on the August 8 our service was not returned back on, we called, and they told us that there was no service truck, where scheduled for our area, so they said that we would half to wait another hour for a truck to come out to trun on our service back on, when the gentlemen came out an 1 1/2 hours later, he told us that no truck was scheduled to come out to area to return service back on and that there was 6 more customers that had to be truned back on in our small town.I cannot argue the point about not paying our bill, but i will argue that it is unhumane for anyone to half to wait that long to have service returned back on, all my meat has to be thrown out of my fridge, anot to mention that i was feeling very dizzy and sick to half to indurel that kind of treatment, and i feel that something has to be done to help aleviate this kind of treatrment, and I mean to do something about it!

Mo

Comments

• Br
      10th of Sep, 2009

FPL has gotten out of hand. A woman that I know had her lights shut off with out notice too. Her husbamd had a heart transplant and is in a wheel chair. Complain to your state rep about it. it is time that the consumer got some protection from FPL's loan shark like tacticts.

• Cu
      4th of Apr, 2014

Okay... for ME it was a case of another customer who had my phone number before I did. I called FPL and they were very nice about fixing the error. My concern was for the actual person they were trying to reach. BUT, with that being said, FPL HAS gotten WAY out of hand and how they DEMAND payment and are really hard to work with when it comes to requesting payments extentions.