FPL / abuse

Well, I hope this time worth, since I started my contract with the FPL compani I realized too many good tricks they have to get a great profits from people that ignore how this kind of business work, special the hispanic people, I had an experience since the begining where this company does not give the right information to the people in the case of foreing people, when I started my contract with the FPL the staff of the compani never told me that I had to pay a deposit of 200 dls. after they sent me a final notice, because thats the best way to start burning your record, making look the customer as a late payment customer, I spoke with the representative customer and a lady of it's staff told me that I might lost the deposit and that I should wave it. After I explained all the reason why I didn't send my deposit they tried to seem like the good company giving me one more chance. after certain time to be paying on time my bills, when was the time to recover my deposit the FPL company told me that I was a bad customer and that most of the time I was late in my payments and that they could not get me back my deposit by virtue of such late payments, when I told them that I had all my records up to date, they were reluctant to get back my deposito to my pocket. After severals calls and hours of been hanged on waiting for their response they decided to get my deposit back. no mentioning that at the begining they told me that the deposit was to be kept by them for a space of 6 months, then when I called them to recover it, they told me againg that that was 1 year, and after the year were 23 months and so on, till at the end I could see it in my hands, of course that they sent me a threat final notice that if I were late they were to shout off my power in case that I were late in my payments. well, after certain time I decided ti ask for an extention of 2 days because of this bad economi, you know what I was arepented to doit, no matter what but they charged me 1.65 dls., just for these days that I requested as an extention, they gave me 20 days grace, howerver I used just the next day to pay my bill cause what I was needing was just one day. furthermore I've been realizing that in most cities council most time do meeting to discuss about the increases of rates, over here in this city seems that no government body governs over this company, they raise the rates every time that they wish. no matter that taxpayers be on time on taxes any way this sort of companies are doing all what they want, seeming to be hand to hand with the government. and we are talking that there are hundres of hispanic people that is suffering the same or worst, of this kind of unetical business.

A  10th of Sep, 2009 by
They are thieves. E-mail your state rep about it. It's time to save consumers from the loan shark tactics.
N  4th of Sep, 2011 by
This company fpl wants to charge me old debts in the property when i never requested the service by then, the old tenant had left a balanc of 250 dlls so they transfered to my bill if this legal ? I need help if anybody can help me with this case please contact me at elcombodelos4@hotmail.com
N  16th of Nov, 2011 by
You all really need to learn proper English, spelling, grammar, etc. if you wish to be taken seriously. It's not just "hispanics" that have problems, and that is very raceist to write and assume that. White people and people of every race and ethnicity have the same problems as you. Focus on the problem at hand rather than looking for pity because you are hispanic. That's DUMB!

Florida Power & Light [FPL] Logo Florida Power & Light [FPL]