Ford Motor Companypvd wheels chrome peeling off of the rims

I have contacted the dealer that my $58k truck has the chrome coming off the rims and I was told they can't help me. I have been a loyal Ford owner for 40 yrs and this is the first time I've had an issue and cannot get any resolution. I'm very disappointed I spent that much for what I thought was a quality product to have to eventually go buy after market rims so my truck doesn't look like junk going down the road.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Youngstown, OHLocal dealers don't seem to care, they made the sale and have acknowledged it's a problem and are more concerned with selling me a new truck. Very disappointed, any help would be appreciated.
I do have a case number that no one want's to acknowledge that I filed after the selling dealer told me there was a recall coming for the wheels. They lied to me about that. Any help would be appreciated to restore my faith in Ford,
Case #cas16158248
Thank you.
Mark Mihalick

Ma
Nov 09, 2018

Comments

• Ho
      Oct 19, 2019

I had the same issue with my 2016 F150 Lariat. I found out about the problem at Costco in Carson City NV when after installing 4 new tires, the service manager warned be about the Chrome flaking on the rims. I knew I had a 36, 000 Bumper to Bumper warranty. Problem was, I had 35, 560 miles on my truck. After driving another 120 miles home, I call our ford agency the next morning and he told me that I had to drive the truck in so he could see it. I did so the next day and put another 45 miles on the truck just to get to the agency. He took photos of each wheel including the odometer and sent them off to ford.
    About two hours later, the service manager called me an I have happy to say that Ford said that they would honor the warranty and would ship out four new 20 inch rims in a couple of days. I was totally blown away! To me they are a stand up company and will purchase another Ford Truck again!