Ford Motor Company / 2013 ford f250 diesel

US Review updated:

I have 106000 miles and now in the shop for the tenth time since 75000 miles. Four times in the last two weeks. Mostly something different every time. Most recently for def problems, dealer said I must gotton some bad def and charged me $788 to drop tank and clean and replace. Next day got same codes. Today the check engine light is on again, going back tomorrow.
What is bad is we are 1200 miles from home while having all these most recent problems. Suppose to be heading home tomorrow but now delayed.
Hopefully I get get this home to Iowa and trade for a Chevy. I've had Fords for many years but this one has turned me very sour.
My serial number is 1FT7W2BT8DEA37855
Thanks.
Bob Wood
[protected]
[protected]@gmail.com

Ia
Mar 16, 2017

Comments

• Da
      Apr 02, 2017

Don't feel bad. I have had DEF problems from February 2013 on my 2012 F250. If the heater goes out and the DEF will crystalize it lays in the bottom of the tank and causes all kinds of problems. You buy the extended warranty and the service department comes up with more excuses and other reasons why it is the customers fault. I just sent Ford a e-mail asking about updated software for notification when fluid is low. I'm waiting for a response.