Having problems with Ford?

1800 771 199 (Ireland)
133 673 (Australia)
8800 500 4201 (Russia)
1800 107 363 673 (Philippines)
1800 588 888 (Vietnam)
1800 112 3673 (Mexico)
+1 800 392 3673 (United States)
+44 203 564 4444 (United Kingdom)
+64 800 367 369 (New Zealand)
+32 24 822 000 (Belgium)
+45 43 582 000 (Denmark)
+31 707 703 777 (Netherlands)
+351 808 200 556 (Portugal)
+41 445 111 445 (Switzerland)
+65 63 762 233 (Singapore)
+27 860 011 022 (South Africa)
+82 16 006 003 (South Korea)
+54 800 888 3673 (Argentina)
P.O. Box 6248

Postboks 514, 1410 Kolbotn

Russia
ul. Moskovskaya, 18, a/ya 64, g. Khimki, Moscow region, 141402

Spain
Aptdo. de Correos β„– 3, 46700 Gandía (Valencia)

Sweden

South Africa
PO BOX 411, Pretoria 0001

Complaints & Reviews

coil springs breaking!

I own a 2002 Taurus purchased in Nov 2001. It currently has 57,400 miles on it, is well maintained, and was never wrecked... HOWEVER, this past week we have had a front coil spring break on the roadway which ruptured a tire, tore a CV boot, and damaged the front struts. The following day after the FRONT suspension damage was repaired, a REAR spring broke while it was PARKED in the service garage. The noise was heard by two of the mechanics. Total cost for replacement of all 4 springs, front struts, CV boot, new tire, towing, labor etc. $1576.33.

FORD Motor Company refused to assume any responsibility. They had a recall for the 2001's for known spring failure but NOT the 2002's. Considering this car was manufactured in 2001, it no doubt has the SAME defective springs. TAURUS OWNER'S BEWARE!

• Ka
    Kathy Harris Mar 28, 2007

The right, front coil spring just broke on my 1996 Ford Taurus and punctured the tire in 4 places. Luckily it happened when my 16 yr old daughter was backing out of the drive with her foot on the brake still or she might've been seriously hurt in an accident that I'm sure this would've caused.. I called Ford because I know there was a recall on this for the '93, '99, and 2000 models, and they simply told me thanks for the info. However, the woman told me to save my receipts just in case there would be a recall in the future. I don't know how much it will all cost because we haven't had it repaired, yet. As far as I'm concerned, Ford should pay and they should issue a recall on ALL years of Ford Taurus' and check all of the coil springs. Obviously, it is a problem that is not limited to the years with the recalls.

Jay Dec 16, 2007

I also had a failure of the right front coil spring in my 2002 Taurus a few days ago, which punctured the right front tire. The car is having both front coil springs replaced as I type this. In doing a little research on the matter, Ford, tow truck drivers and mechanics are very much aware of this defect! However, they failed to act on this safety issue, saying the 2002 model has not been affected by the '99 - '01 recall. I believe this puts thousands of '02 Taurus owners at risk, and the '02 model should be added to the recall! As lifelong Ford owners, we are very disappointed with Fords inaction on this very important safety issue and will never purchase another Ford vehicle again.

hard to start, and puffed white smoke out of the tail pipe after start up

I purchased a 2003, F350 Ford Super Duty , 7.3 ltr Deisel on Jan 22, 2006. I had some issues on the truck, one month after the purchase. 1. hard to start, and puffed white smoke out of the tail pipe after start up, immediately going away. The truck ran good otherwise.

I took the truck to Kearney Mesa Ford in San Diego on Feb. 21-2006 It is now Mar. 15, 2006 and no truck.
During this time I received 1 phone call advising me to come down and talk to them, Tony Bekum (service Writer). When I arrived they informed me that I needed a new engine, however the Ford warranty was denied by the Ford Representative. Reason, Because the truck had large tires, after market air filter, gage cluster on the left windshield post. (No Chip). I FEEL THAT THIS JUST A PLOY FORD HAS TOLD THE REPS. TO DO BECAUSE FORD IS IN A LITTLE FINANCIAL TROUBLE. This is not my first Ford I have an 87 Ford F250 4x4 that I bought new by an order, I own a 1999 Ford Explorer, and an 88 Ford Bronco II, That has an original 60 thousand miles, Its Premo for a Ford Bronco.

I am very upset at Ford for this decision and no one will let me talk to the Ford Rep who's name is Jacob Doff.

ford just not give a care about their consumers!

On December 13th. 2006, I wrote to Ford's help page. I have a 1990 E-350 super duty van, I needed to know the proper gear ratio for my rear end as it needed to be replaced, and the usual tag was missing on the rear end so they (Ford) had to look it up for me. They wrote me back stating that my request was be sent to their "Archives" and they would let me know. I wrote back a week later, their response was it could take 4-6 weeks fo an answer. I wrote to them weekly and every time got the same message back. It has now been over 7 weeks, still the same response from them. They will not give me a phone number or e-mail to wage a complaint, they just keep writing 4-6 weeks. Meanwhile my van is still broke down. I wonder, does Ford just not give a care about their consumers OR Can they not afford a COMPUTER to put their "ARCHIVE" files in. People, if you read this. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME ASKING FOR THERE HELP, BUY A CHEVY!!!

Andy Thacker Feb 27, 2007

Don't be a fool, You will have the same problems with your chevy. Don't believe me? Go check out ANY manufactures complaints, they are all junk. I've owned them all and they have all been garbage. Maybe you can talk yourself into thinking the Japanese build a better product too. Good luck with that.

• Di
    disgusted in detroit Jun 14, 2009

This piece of junk was 17 years old when posted.The manufacturers aren.t even required to make parts for it anymore.There are 16 years of files on top of yours

• Do
    Don't Start Jul 11, 2010

The gear ratio is stamped on the pinion on Fords and if you knew it needs to be replaced than that means you had it apart. Plus, if you spin the driveshaft, count the revolutions of the driveshaft for one revolution of the wheel. That truck either came with 3.55, 3.73 or 4.10 ratio. Ford built a billion vehicles since that POS, yea, they got other things to do.

beware! you can hurt yourself!

My truck was rolled over on it's passenger side while driving on the interstate. The reason for the accident was both passenger rear wheels had fallen off the truck due to all ten lug nut studs just snapping off flush with the face of the axle.in other words, I lost wheels, tires, lug studs and nuts all in one instance. Law enforcement did not citate me for the wreck because I was not at fault for anything. Just from talking to people who run these trucks with cranes and mechanic bodies such as my truck was equipped, a caterpillar dealer in louisiana had this problem happen on two occasions. I am just lucky that I was not hurt and that no one was close enough to my accident on the interstate to damage their vehicle or put anyone else at risk. I was wondering if someone could investigate this situation nationally so this problem does not hurt or kill anyone else.

ford refused its warranty!

My Ford F250 Super Duty Powerstroke had to have the complete engine replaced at a cost of $12000. Even though the truck was still in warranty and expiring in one month Ford refused to honor its warranty.

• Gu
    Guy Morrison 90 Nov 16, 2010

Having the same problem with Ford not honoring warranty.
    Purchased 2008 Ford Diesel Super Duty F-250 in Feb 2008. March 2009 brought vehicle into dealership because check engine light was on and truck was running rough (38, 000 miles ) truck was in the shop for approx week, dealership called said truck was fixed, I picked up vehicle from dealership, motor blew 15 miles after leaving service. Dealership replaced motor due to a coolant problem. It was taken to dealer MANY times for coolant problems, among other problems. July 2010 I took the truck to the dealership because white smoke was coming out to pipe, they had truck for a couple of days, called me a few days later saying there was nothing wrong with the truck, the diagnostics cost me $158. At 99, 000 (it has a 200, 000 mile warranty) it AGAIN was blowing white smoke (which they told me before that nothing was wrong)and dash lights did not show engine running hot. After getting home and unloading my equipment, I tried to start it with no luck. I had it towed to Auburn Ford, where I purchased vehicle. After about a week they asked me to authorize a new battery. I thought they had battery chargers. Later they called and authorized a rental for 20 days. Now they tell me it needs a new motor due to the radiator and the cost is on me. I have sent certified mail to Dearborn, MI (headquarters) Oct 27 and they maintain they do not have the letter. I can not reach anyone on the phone, nor find an address to send them all the info.

front coil spring failure

Like Sean, Malcolm and the others, I too, own a 2002 Ford Taurus and also had front coil spring failure...

the worst business I have ever dealt with!

I have recently applied for a mortgage, and received a copy of my current credit report. Since I was a victim...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices