Ford Motor Company / 2007 ford edge fuel tank recall

Burlington, WI, United States

I was notified of a fuel tank recall on my 2007 Ford Edge. I took it in to Miller Motors in Burlington Wisconsin, to do the repair. My vehicle was running/driving perfectly fine when I dropped it off. I picked up my vehicle and proceeded to leave the parking lot when the back end of my vehicle started shaking. I returned immediately to the service department they consulted with the auto technician who then said he said he had to lower the drive shaft in order to do the fuel tank replacement. He said that one of the u-joints was tight. My first thought was why wasn't I told this when I picked my vehicle up? Is this an excuse to cover-up an error? Now I'm told I need to replace my drive shaft at a cost of over a $1000.00!!! This Ford instigated recall is now supposed to cost me $1000 on a vehicle that was running perfectly when taken in.

The dealership said they would contact Ford Company to see if it would be covered under the recall. I had to wait over two weeks for an answer and was without my vehicle. I was then notified that I would have to pay for the repair of the drive shaft.

The recall repair required the lowering of the drive shaft which was working fine when it was dropped off. I feel that the improper reinstallation of the drive shaft caused the damage to the drive shaft. I was sent pictures of supposed damage. Upon my review of pictures I noticed two brand new bolts holding drive shaft in place. (were these not installed upon first reinstallation?) Why wasn't the vehicle test driven after recall repair??? If they would've done that it would've been obvious that something wasn't right.

Does Ford have qualified technicians to do this recall? My only positive with this was the employee "Tuesday".

I am expecting a call from the Service Manger on Monday, October 29, 2018...Please contact me, if I don't hear from the service manager I will be contacting you again. Thank you.

Sw