Florida Power & Light [FPL] / electric deposit required or must sign up for auto pay

1 Naples, FL, United States

I feel that I am being targeted by fpl and not sure how many other people are having this issue. I have been a fpl customer for over 40 yrs, not because I want to but because we have no options on our electric company. Not sure that's even allowed??
After 40+years of service they are demanding that I pay a $261 residental deposit. I have never ever had my service disconnected. I have had a few late payments and pay the $5 additional fee but never have had the service disconnected. This last month my payment was due on a fri and I paid on that mon. They already sent out a final notice??!! Over the weekend?? I feel very targeted. I paid my bill in full and a week later received a adjusted bill saying that I know owe a $261 deposit or my service will be disconnected!! Or I can sign up for auto pay and not pay the deposit. This to me is a racket, you must give them permission to take the money every month when they want or foot the bill. Trying to talk to someone is impossible and they are very very rude and not at all helpful. They don't care because they don't have to. If you want power you will do as they say. Help need a lawyer!!

Ar