Florida Blue / paying for new coverage

1 Orlando, FL, United States

My 3 years with Florida Blue has always been a hassle. From rising premiums to representatives lacking knowledge. This month, trying to get a new plan for the new year (due to a sky rocking premium) I've spoken with over 5 representatives over the course of the last two weeks who have all given me different information. Firstly, my "pay by phone" payment went to the old plan instead of the new one, when I called to fix this they said they would transfer the payment and told me to call back this week to confirm. When I called today, apparently the transfer had been denied the day after I spoke with someone last week and my payment was refunded via check in the mail, BUT I NEVER RECEIVED NOTICE OF THIS. When trying to make a new payment over the phone today, the first representative told me to make a new FL Blue account with my 2018 member number. I tried to do that immediately following the phone call, the website said my new member number was invalid. I called again, this representative kindly informed me that since my new plan is not active until the 1st, that I could not create a new FL Blue account to make this payment (Meanwhile a few weeks ago, another representative told me that I did not have to make a new online account, once the 1st of the year hit my old plan would be gone and the new plan would show up in my exisiting online account.) Furthermore, when today's second rep said she would transfer me to another "billing rep" instead of the automated phone service that messed everything up in the first place, SHE TRANSFERRED ME TO THE AUTOMATED SERVICE. I had to call A THIRD TIME TODAY to finally connect with a human to make my payment. Once I finally made this payment to the correct new plan (hopefully) the rep said they could not send an email confirmation of the payment until after the plan was active. So who knows, maybe the payment won't go through again and I won't be notified again, and I'll be stuck without health insurance for the new year. GET YOUR ISH TOGETHER FLORIDA BLUE.

Sa