Having problems with Florida Blue?

+1 877 352 5830 (Florida Blue Centers)
+1 800 926 6565 (Medicare Members)
+1 800 267 3156 (Agent Contact Center)
+1 866 946 2583 (Employers & Benefit Administrators)
+1 800 727 2227 (Physicians & Providers)
+1 800 955 2227 (Group Sales)
+1 877 465 1125 (Individual and Family Plans & Medicare Plans)
4800 Deerwood Campus Parkway
Jacksonville, Florida

Complaints & Reviews

requesting peer to peer review of a claim.

My doctor and I have been trying for months to set up a peer to peer review of a denied claim and florida blue has made it impossible. I have made multiple phone calls, sent messages through the florida blue website, and had several chat sessions. They have not responded to any of the messages, none. The phone and chat responses are to have the doctor call the provider line. He has tried twice but it does not allow him to request the peer to peer. The automated system asks for date of service, and when he enters it, the systems responds that there is no claim for that date of service (actually there are 6) but it will not let him proceed, nor is there a way for him to speak with a person. My doctor says the claim was for a legitimate medical service and that if he could speak with a peer, he is sure they would agree. All we are trying to do is set up a peer to peer reviews, but the system will not allow it.
If the results of the peer to peer were not in my favor, then I could accept that. But florida blue not following there own policy and their customer service representatives being unable or unwilling to help find a way to set up the peer to peer is very poor. All we are asking for is a phone call for a peer to peer review and all we get is a dead end and the runaround.

joeinslw Sep 22, 2018

Good for you, keep the pressure up, & make sure your facts are correct and true, it's the only way to get Florida Blue to change and accept their mistakes. They did it with me when they sent me a bill from a Doctor that Florida Blue paid nothing, Zero was paid, the Doctor expected me to pay the balance, but the Doctor or Florida Blue didn't know that there is a law signed into effect in April of 2016 which does not allow balance billing. I had to do my own research and in fact it's in their own policy which they missed.
    It seems with Florida Blue a patient must do their own research, because the people you talk to on the phone do not have the correct knowledge or information, it's easier for them to say no to a patient, so don't take no for an answer if you feel you are correct, because most times you will be.

address change

I am trying to change my address for the last 7 month. it has been changed at the market place that long already, but it seams like nobody is competed enough to call the market place and have them confirm the change. I keep contacting customer service about it. Half the time I am getting emails saying, that they have not received a note from the market place about my change yet (they should just call them and confirm it) and the other half I don't get an answer at all. I am just wondering, if I already have a problem with such a minor thing, what would happen if there would be a major issue.

not happy

maren shaw

dental insurance

I have had a dental policy with the above since December 2015. They deduct the premium from my account every month, however, I am unable to access my account online to print the premium payments to submit for reimbursement from my healthcare reimbursement account. I have contacted them numerous times over the months to try and gain access or a printout to no avail. There is no place on their website to email a complaint, very disappointed in this provider.

• Fl
    Florida Blue May 19, 2016

Hello, sorry for the issues you are experiencing, Can yo please email us at [email protected] with your full name and policy information for additional help? Thank you.

health insurance payment refund

I was paying for my bcbs health insurance directly (my company did not have hi at the time). When my company...

customer service

I have been on the phone with florida blue representatives for the last week starting on january 19th...

florida blue hmo

I received my acceptance letters and new florida blue "blue care" hmo cards to be in a new plan which I am...

rate increase

Received notice that my current health insurance premium was being raised from 835.00 per month to 1448.00...

refund

I canceled my heatlh insurance policy by the required deadline and was still charged the full amount the next month. I contacted bcbs customer service and they admitted to the wrong doing. They transferred me to the billing department and they also admitted to the wrong doing and submitted a form so I can get a full refund. They said it would take 7 to 10 business days. I never received it. It's been about 6 months now and I contact the company about every 2 weeks and the billing department keeps giving my excuses as to why I have not received a refund. I have heard (they sent it to the wrong department (twice), there was an error in your address, they approved the refund it will take some time to have it send out etc. Etc. It is no longer an issue of them making a mistake. It is now a major issue of integrity.

Mae Rust Sep 11, 2012

I visited Florida Blue one time. I called them before coming and asked the prices. The numbers they told me are absolutely different from the sum I received with the bills. I paid $100 more! I can’t afford myself so expensive services. But I had no choice and I paid.

• Ko
    Kolluru May 19, 2015

Hi,

I have the exact issue with Florida Blue. The same story, it has been 6 months, called them once in a week. Reported to the local Florida blue center at Tallahassee. They never follow-up. Waiting for the refund. They do not have any responsibility over customers.

Johnnys1968 May 01, 2016

I have been with Florida Blue for 3 years and have been on the same medicine for 7. Five months into my policy this year When I went to Target to get my HIV medication I was informed tat my doctor would now have to justify the medication that has worked best for me. I will run out of medication before the review process is over and how is it half way through my policy the rule get to change for Florida Blue

• Fl
    Florida Blue May 19, 2016

Hello, sorry for the issues you are experiencing, Can you please email us at [email protected] with your full name and policy information for additional help? Thank you.

• _____________ Aug 15, 2018

They r so dumb and can't speak English when u call. I'm sure this is the only job they can get is to answer the phones at the 800 number!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices