First Extended Service Corporation / Bogus company

Much of the same problems in my experience with this bogus company. They never mentioned to my dealer when he called that authorization was needed... just that the work was covered... so the dealer proceeded with the repairs. I followed all their pain in the * requirements for filing for reimbursement. They never bothered to contact me about denying the reimbursement. I had to call them to check on the status of the reimbursement just to find out that it was denied because there was no authorization number given for the repairs.

What!!!

They didn't even have the courtesy to mention to the dealer to make sure they had an authorization number before the repairs are made.

I want to cancel this policy. I wonder if they will pro-rate my money back based on what's left on the policy. I doubt it. They will find another excuse to prevent them from having to give out any money. Bunch of crooks!!!

Spread the Word... Do not buy anything from this company!!! They are the worst!!! I can't understand how a company like this can stay in business. They will do anything or come up with any reason to keep them from fullfilling their obligations as an insurance company. This isn't an insurance company... this is an "I got your money now * company". If anyone knows how to contact the corporate office please let me know.

Va

Comments

• Ro
      6th of Aug, 2008

the poor fine print exclusions are allowing for total refusal to honer claims the general wording is so vage and the dealer does the best to discuiss this with the full warrente pitch dont be fooled this was the worst 1600.00 spent and the dealer knows the rip-off

• Ca
      27th of Aug, 2009

I had the exactly the same problem with this company (also known as Portfolio). The first time i had a problem with my car, the dealer didn't have their own repair center, so we were told we could take it anywhere to get it fixed. great. The second time the car needed repair, the dealer branch had gone out of business and we were told to drive 4 cities away to the next branch that had no record of our car purchase. Tired of nobody cooperating, we asked for a pro-rated refund and had a customer service rep laugh at our request over the phone. After 2 months of arguing we finally got a refund check. If you ever buy a car, do not purchase a warranty with First Extended Service or Portfolio.

• Cl
      29th of Aug, 2009

Cancellation of warranty - refund - 3 months later and still no refund

• Ho
      13th of Apr, 2011

www.coffeenmanagement.com

• Sh
      13th of Aug, 2015

i just think that everyone one who has a complaint should all find a way to come together to file a class action lawsuit against them