First American Home Warranty / Horrible Service and Bad Contractors

1 TX, United States Review updated:

This company is horrible. Do not do any kind of business with them. When our air conditioning went out, we ended up having to wait 9 days in horrible Texas heat to get our air conditioning fixed. The people they hired for parts and labor were also bad (Accurate Airconditioning). They failed to pick up a part when they were supposed to, and if I hadn't called to confirm the appointment we had been waiting a few days for, I wouldn't have even known that they had decided not to come because of this. First American would not let us switch the air conditioning company that was doing the service after many complaints on our end of various things. Then, months later, we were told that we hadn't paid the bill, so we had to go through all the effort of proving that we had done that. A HUGE WASTE of time and money.

Comments

• Ou
      22nd of Jul, 2011

Did you know that if you don't like their contractors you can pick out your own contractor. That is if you can find one that will do the work for what they are paying thier contractors, and those rates are listed on thier website. I discovered this when I was told it would be a week before they would be able to get someone out to look at my fridgerator. They informed me that if I could find someone that would be willing to do the work at the same price as long as he was Licensed, Insured, & Bonded to have him call them and set up a time to do the work. They also said that if the cost exceeded the amount they allowed I would be responsible for it.

• Pu