First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation / Nothing is covered, they lie to their customers!

I have a home warranty with this SCAM organization. I have spoken to all the rude employees there in Claims resolution. Why they have this department, I don't know, why don't they call it, "It isn't Covered, Screw you!" Every time I speak to someone there they tell something different, they lead you on. When it looks like, after more than 20 documented phone calls, you may get somewhere they tell you is isn't covered, then the isn't covered rules change again. I truly believe there isn't a claim out there that was paid by them. The only thing completed by FAHBPC is my payment for the warranty itself. I think this company is a scam and it's some dude smoking lord only knows what sitting back and laughing all the way to the bank. I hope FAHBC disintegrates and all they need is to make claims to themselves. Sorry, it isn't covered should be the on the letterhead.

A  11th of Jun, 2007 by
I am in the middle of this same type of experience with First American. I have been trying to get my air fixed for 8 days and it is still not done. We can not get any answers to on getting someone out a 2nd time to look at our air conditioner that freezes up every day.

They are rude, unprofessional, unhelpful and they lied to us many times. They transfer us around to frustrate us instead of getting us a resolve. They have only 6 licensed contractors in our entire area and none of them are able to help us in a timely manner.

This company sucks and is a scam. Never do business with them!
A  7th of Sep, 2007 by
I'm a real estate broker of 12 years in Nashville, TN First American by far is the worst warranty company I've ever dealt with. Their subcontractors and reps are bad. The rep told me they my clients a/c being broke in June for a month was not a big problem.
A  20th of Sep, 2007 by
This company is a complete ripoff. We've had coverage for several years and have used it twice prior to this week. Our a/c in Houston, Texas went completely out on a Friday. We called in the service and received no call back until Monday. It's 95 degrees in Houston in Sept. On Monday, a contractor who was extremely rude came to the house and said the entire outside compressor/condensor unit needed replacing. It was 16 years old, so this wasn't a complete surprise to us. What was a surprise was that the contractor said they wouldn't cover it because the failure wasn't due to normal wear and tear (I remind you, the unit is 16 years old) and that it was "improperly installed". The unit was installed 16 years ago. I am fairly certain code has changed since then, but that doesn't make it improper installation. It was properly installed at the time it was installed. After several heated conversations with their "customer" service department, if you can even call them that, we chose to have our a/c replaced by our own contractor. We have small children and 5 days with no a/c is unacceptable in the summer in Houston. Of course, their contractor offered to install a new unit about 10 seconds after denying our claim, but at a cost of twice what we ended up paying our chosen contractor. They've collected fees for years from us on an appliance they were NEVER going to cover. I am sure they have an EXCUSE for everything
A  2nd of Jul, 2011 by
My experience was with a dishwasher that had a leak. Of course, they say it is not due to 'normal wear and tear' which incidentally, cannot be defined. This is the standard response and since the onus of proof is on the homeowner, virtually nothing needs to be paid out by this company. However, unfortunately the entire industry is a well known scam. What a waste of money!

First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation Logo First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation
P.O. Box 7248