Firestoneovercharge/not living up to warranty

On November 5, 2006 in “Good Faith” I purchased Fuzion HRI $64.99, 40, 000 miles limited warranty tires for my 2002 Chrysler Sebring LX from Firestone Complete Auto Care @ 4920 Washington Avenue in Racine, WI. Last Saturday October 24 my brother-in-law noticed that the tread on the front tires had worn down evenly a great deal and the back tires were also on that same route. I took my car to Firestone on October 25 to discuss the problem I was having. I’m not sure of the young associate’s name but I believe it was Joel. He was so rude, telling me it could possibly be a tire rod causing this. He scheduled an appointment for me on Wednesday, October 28, but I had to reschedule to Saturday, October 31.

My uncle and I took my car in and Doug Gardner was the technician on duty. I explained to him what my concern was and what my warranty stated. He took my car in and checked the alignment told me my alignment was off. My uncle told him this would not have made the car tires wear evenly if this was the problem. Mr. Gardner came back and told me he had “4” Fuzion tires in inventory the same as mine and he could put these on my car. I told him fine. He came back and told me they did not have the tires. (If you have them in inventory, but can’t find them –I would think someone’s stealing from the company). So he told me they could put Champion HR BL $97.99 tires on my car in place of the Fuzions. I stated ok. He brings me a bill totaling $172.98 (which in the beginning I paid 190.69 for the Fuzions) was was the warranty setting in? I explained to him I was not paying that amount I have a warranty. My warranty stated I pay for taxes, stems and disposal fees. Then he stated I would pay the $83.98. After looking @ my bill instead of prorating the tire repair and replacement he charged me full price, parts and labor. I’m seeing that Firestone does not live up to their commitments/warranties. I do a weekly clean of my wheel covers and tires I noticed that all “4” of my center caps were “CRACKED”. This was not like that before I took my car in. Someone cracked my caps and I’m expecting Firestone to replace them. Maybe they were upset because of the difference in price I paid for the tires. But this is not my fault. I’m expecting for Firestone to address this problem and correct it. I’m waiting to hear from you by November 30, 2009. My back tires are almost in the same situation and I really don’t want to deal w/the Racine store again, but I’m expecting this rectified.

Comments

• We
    Firestone Complete Auto Care West Chester - Fraudulent Service and Sloppy Work
    1305 W Chester Pike
    West Chester
    Pennsylvania
    Phone: [protected]

I recently brought my vehicle into this center because a starter that they had replaced less than two years ago was no longer working. Although this item is supposed to have a two year warranty, they did not honor the warranty because they claimed the broken one was covered in oil. Then, after not delivering the car when they said it would be done, as soon as i picked it up it was making a very loud metallic rattling noise. I checked underneath and low and behold they didnt even bother to put the right bolt into the starter. Keep in mind replacing a starter is a piece of cake of for a mechanic, especially on my vehicle. There are only two bolts and they simply were too lazy to tighten one of them. I had to go out and buy a new one because the one they tried to use was too short. Unfortunatly the metallic rattle continued. I brought it in about a week later and they pretty much told me tough luck. They made me wait several hours and only checked the car for about 10 minutes and said it was a "fluke" that the noise started when they worked on it. Remember this car was fucntioning with no noise before I brought it there. THEN today, a few days after I pick it up from them, there is smoke coming out from under the car. Turns out this time they forgot ANOTHER bolt. Except a much more important one that fastens the transmission to the engine!!! Unbelievable. NEVER EVER EVER go to this center. There are much cheaper small AND large auto care providers in the area with good reliable work. These people are theives and you are powerless to get your money back from them.

• We
      Jul 31, 2009

I have had a similar experience with these people. They automatcally assume you know nothing and try to get away with making you replace things that dont need to be replaced. and then they dont even install them correctly!

• So
      Jul 31, 2009

ADENDUM to above: I brought my car back to firestone and they went out of their way to make sure everything was fixed. Part of it was a big misunderstanding and everyone that works there was very polite with me. I completely retract the above complaint and assure everyone that these are good people to do business with.

Aug 01, 2009
    Fireston - Total con
    Fireston
    firestone.com

Firestone at Hanover Park, IL locations rips people off. They are the worst at customer service. All I went is for an Oil Change and they brought check engine light in my car. I asked and they said they have to charge $100 for diagnostic. How ridiculous is this... They caused the light to come on and they want to charge people for troubleshooting... This is complete ### when I tried to speak with District Manager, he just agreed with Firestone local mechanic and refused to refund my money...

I am very disappointed with their customer service...

• Fo
      Aug 14, 2009
    Firestone Complete Auto

I just wanna warn about this Firestone store which is at this location (Store #010855, 18018 Redmond Way, Redmond, WA 98052, PH:[protected]).

I bought 3 Bridgestone tires and get them installed from this store. After 45 days, When I went there for oil change, They said, My car

requires wheel alignment (in written statement - so called suggestions). I showed the Firestone previous invoice and I asked why should

my car needs this service (as they installed all tires, just 45 days back.)

They couldn't even answer my question.

I'm not sure 1. If they're lying to me, even though wheel-alignment is proper OR 2. If they didn't install tires properly, first time itself.

Also, They're very poor at interacting with customer. They should learn some manners.
    When a customer asked if the price is very high for a particular service, The store

employee said "We have to make a living too...", which sounded me very odd.

I hope, You would take take appropriate action on this store.

• Am
      Apr 14, 2010
    firestonecompleteautocare.com

I purchased four new tires and a warranty for my SUV from these guys. When the SUV had to be realigned repeatedly, I was told the tire was defective. Took it back to Firestone and what-do-you-know..."How do we know it's not the car instead of the tire? It's only one of the four tires and under the recommended miles before change...SCAM ARTISTS. The second you roll off their lot, they have no intention of replacing your tires...unless of course, you're going to pay them, again. DON'T BUY FROM FIRESTONE. Walk the extra mile if you have to.

• Ri
      May 18, 2010
    Firestone Complete Auto

I paid for a master cylinder to be replaced over a year ago..it leaked, they replaced, it leaked again, they replaced, it leaked again, they were going to replace and realized the brake lines were clogged, they replaced at no charge. It leaked again and they decided it was a part not fitting flush with the car part and they would get a mold and have a part machined to fit at their cost. Saturday they said they were putting that and a new master cylinder in just in case. I picked up, they said they didn't have the machined part (new manager) and that I needed a proportion valve, not a machined part. Today they told me the part is obsolete and they tried finding one locally and could not, so there is nothing more they can do! I got the part number and said I'd look on line and he said they'd put it in for free if I found it (and I was thinking they'd better pay for it too!). But I am not having luck and will go talk to them again..but they already said there was nothing more they could do. Joe is the new manager. Every single repair they have done they've had to redo with new parts. They even ruined my engine and replaced it after they missed a defective pully on a timing belt change (or that's what they said)...I've had so much patience with them.. I am done!

UPDATE: Decided to call a local Dodge dealer because if I brought it there for repair..they would have found me the part! Period. The first call he said, "The part is obsolete, we don't carry it but there are two other places on my system that say they each have one." He went on to give me the numbers for 2 Dodge dealerships...the one in Texas was open, he had it...and Vwalla. Found the part! I asked the local dealer.."If Firestone called looking, would you have given them that information?" He said, "Of course." The manager lied, thank god I didn't believe him. He will buy this part and install it or I will be seeing him them in court but not before I post on every complaint site about them (& the better business bureau of course)...then I will list issue, after issue I've had with them, but the old manager took care of me and made things right, so I trusted them. This one is simply unethical!

• Ol
      Jul 08, 2010
    Firestone Complete Auto Care - Overcharged for servicec
    Firestone Complete Auto Care

Potenza! Let me thank you for once again giving me solace and comfort in this manner! I'm guessing I've struck a nerve somewhere and I take great delight in that! I know more about business than you could possibly imagine, my "business" is people like you! In addition to the service of my country and subsequent disability, I worked as a civilian for the treasury Dept, specifically the Internal Revenue Service. We hunt down and prosecute tax cheats among other things. Believe me we know all the tricks of everybody's trade including yours. Someday you will be audited, with the big numbers you mention like 49k operating expenses every month you'll attract their attention if you haven't already. When they call you for that audit, I suggest you take along your attorney, you'll find out what its like being overcharged for services for sure! You say I'm full of hate, I say it's more like disgust and contempt at the likes of people that gouge others for financial gain! Were you in the banking or real estate industries, my bet is that you would specialize in foreclosures! You make your money from other peoples woes, in your case under the guise of inflated auto repairs, adding charges that you've done absolutely nothing to earn! Then you say "god bless you" as if saying that absolves you of all sin, to you I say in reply "May the Devil take you"

While you're traveling down the river Styx to you proper destination, should you fall in the water, and should it be full of Piranha fish, fear not because they won't attack you out of professional courtesy!

• Le
      Jul 29, 2010

Where were you having the alignment performed at? If it was at Firestone then they should take care of you no matter what. It is very common for an alignment issue to cause severe wear on only 1 or 2 tires.

• Fr
      Mar 09, 2011
    Firestone Automotive - Free gas coupons with $600 purchase or more
    Firestone Automotive

My regular account was paid by check. The check cleared my bank. It was
    Firestone Error that did not post the payment to my account. Then I gave them another check and Chase took back the
    first amount. Now TRS told me to pay again to fix the problem. I did not initiate this contact with TRS and I told them to send a message to Firestone.
    Why should the victim need to do the fixing. Firestone and TRS can fix
    this.

• Be
      Mar 12, 2011
    Firestone Automotive - Free gas coupons with $600 purchase or more
    Firestone Automotive

I was told by the company Firestone Automotive that if I spent $600.00 or more, that I would receive $40.00 in gas coupons by US mail. I never recieved them after I paid in full over $600.00 in their bussiness. They gave me this phone # that says they are not there, to go to website www.programstop.com/ So I find this to be a rip off fraud of some sort. They gave me this phone # to call [protected] they called it Budget Saver. Please help me, this is wrong of Firestone Automotive Company, they have lost me as a customer!!

• Ir
      Mar 15, 2011
    Firestone Auto Center - Less than 10 minutes of work resulted In $50 of charges
    Firestone Auto Center

Shopping trip to Hagerstown interrupted by a split rear heating hose. Told the mechanic/rep at desk that it was a ruptured hose and where as I had looked under the Tracker/vehicle and saw the problem. Told there was no problem, was going to get it taken care of very quickly, next car in slots, and would have a write up on it in a moment. Just sign here so that we can have a look at it.

Encyclopedia salesman move of holding down paper for me so that I could easily sign ok for them to work on it to see my signature applied to a charge as part of my final bill of 19.95 for pressure check on a vehicle I had just told him had no fluid in it, and had a split in rear hose of which I specifically asked to be replaced.

The speedy job I was promised, being next vehicle in line, with the rep knowing my sense of urgency being that I had 90 minutes to pick up my children from school 30 minutes away, turned into hearing, after 30 minutes of wait that my part, a common hose, would arrive at the shop within about 30 minutes. To be brief I ended up paying $90.91 for the $17+ hose and labor. Once the part got to the shop, it took the mechanic a little over 7 minutes to install the hose and fill my radiator/system with recycled ($10) fluid.

An 1/8 hour of work resulted in $50 of charges. Ultimately my children had to wait after school with their principal, and I learned another of life’s little lessons. Get a full quote first with a time guarantee and never at Firestones in Hagerstown.

• Am
      Mar 27, 2011
    Firestone Complete Auto Care - Poor slow damaging and degrading service
    Firestone Complete Auto Care

I went to fire stone auto center(Queensbury, NY) to get my car inspected they told me it would be 30 minutes, and it took over an hour and a half.

While doing the inspection they said I had a missing lug nut which i did not have one missing when I just had my tires serviced.

They were VERY rough on my car, they were kicking my tires off instead of removing them like they are supposed to with their hands. When they walked around my car with the tools it looked like they were scratching my car with it.

They slammed my hood down we heard it in the waiting area through 2 doors. It sounded like it cracked my hood.

They were so rude to us treating us like we were ***. They then tried saying I need over $2, 000 worth of repairs. When in fact I only need VERY minor repairs I was quoted at another place for $100 for the repairs.

It was the worst service I have ever received and I would only recommend going there if you are looking to get scammed! I would Never EVER go back to that place.

DO NOT GO THERE IT WILL BE THE WORST CHOICE YOU COULD MAKE FOR YOUR CAR & HARD EARNED MONEY!

• Ti
      May 09, 2011
    Firestone Complete Austo Care - Customer Service - Theft
    Firstone
    3120 E Whitestone Blvd
    Cedar Park
    Texas

I took my car in for a normal oil change and found when I received my car back that a $100 visa gift card was taken out of my glove box. I reported this to the service advisor as soon as I checked the car over and asked why someone had to go into my glove box for an oil change. I was told that they inspect the car for anything that needs to be replaced. I was told by the advisor that there was not a manager to speak with and was given his card and told he would call me that evening to follow up or at the latest the next day. It took two more days and two more phone calls to finally receive a message from the manager only asking me if I found the gift card. I finally got to speak to a new manager 5 days later in regards. He told me that they are not responsible for anything taken out of my car and could not help me in anyway. Not only do I feel like my complaint was not handled professionally but not taken seriously. I have done over $1000 business with this location in the last couple of months with some other issues. This is the last time I will be bringing my car to them and I hope others will also keep an eye out when doing business with them. Futhermore if you do bring your auto here I would make sure anything of value is removed before leaving it. You will have a hard time finding a manager to speak with in addition to one that is willing to help in anyway.

• Sp
      May 13, 2011
    Firestone - Wrong parts used
    Firestone

Firestone in Jersey City, NJ not only used a synthetic blend in my VW Jetta but, they shorted me 1 quart of oil. They put in 5quarts when it should have been 6.3 and it should have also been full synthetic as required by the OEM. If I did not check the dipstick and feel the viscosity fo the oil on my fingertips I could have been seriously screwed.

My car is still under warrenty and the manufacturer would not cover any problems associated with using the wrong oil and not enough oil.

• I too had a similar issue with a Firestone in Hayward Ca. But I got the worst results. I'm a mom unaware of cars except what I am told to do to it by prefessionals. Anyway three weeks aster the oil change on my son vehicle the engine was completely ruined. Car older not under warranty after about six weeks and several experts saying the same thing the car repairs exceeded the value of the car. But I eliminated the middle man went straight to the top called corporate in Chicago iles a complaint through BBB and so on and they eventually after lies and BS Mr. Guzik resolved the issue as well as to be expected. Good luck.

• Km
      May 31, 2011
    Firestone Auto Care Ctr

A simple oil and air filter change turned into a lengthy and costly problem. First, a hose was not attached properly resulting in my daughter's car stopping in the middle of a busy street. An afternoon spent getting the car towed back to the shop and getting fixed what should have never happened in the first place. Shortly after the oil change, an oil leak developed. After taking the car to another repair shop, it was discovered that a bolt on the oil pan had been stripped and the whole oil pan needed to be replaced--for $500!! We were shown little compassion or concern about the mistakes made on this vehicle by the staff of Firestone.

I have serious concerns about the training and supervision of the technicians at Firestone. We will never take our cars there again and I will be cancelling our Firestone credit card.

• Fa
      Jun 02, 2011

Last month I took my 2001 Toyota Camry to Firestone for an oil change. I was told the car had an engine oil leak. I paid $130 for the detection labor and degrease engine. They told me I need to drive 200 miles before they can detect where the leak is. So I drove 200 miles and took my car to them again the next week. They still could not find where the leak was, and they recommended to replace a bunch of belts and parts so that they can see where the leak came from. Before they could do anything on the oil leak, I would have to spend $1000 to let them take off the parts and change belts. I refused to do that and sent my car to another shop for an oil leak detection one month later. I was told I have nothing to worry about at this time. They just found a few wetness at rear main seal area and from rear of cylinder head/distributor area, and my engine oil level is still the same as last month. So I paid $0 for the oil leak detection in another place. The workers from the Firestone were dishonest and trying to rip me off. I would NEVER NEVER go to any Filestone anymore.

• Ha
      Jun 08, 2011
    Firestone Auto Care Ctr

Unfortunately, my wife and I faced as it seems like a discrimination case at a Firestone store in Louisiana. My wife (who wears Hijab) and I walked in to Firestone in Chalmette, LA on March 6, 2010 to get oil change. We were denied service when the representative gladly accepted 2 (White) ladies before us and asked them to pick their car up after 30 minutes. When I asked him why he denied us service when he still have more than 2 hours to close, he failed to provide us a convincing answer. I emailed Firestone same day and their district manager contacted my the second day morning. He conducted an investigation and the following is a recorded phone conversation telling me their final report.

• He
      Jun 08, 2011

I have faced discrimation only it was those who were dark skinned that gave me a hard time. I am english and I went into a store run by middle eastern people and they never ask to help me but they ask to help those whose skin matches their own...racisim is alive and well in all colors by all races

• Ml
      Jun 12, 2011
    Firestone Complete Auto Care - Ridiculous and Costly
    Firestone Complete Auto Care

I have been going to the same small company for 15 years. I had to drive down to Mokena Illinois to take a teaching exam. My car was giving me trouble the whole drive and I thought my tires were out of alignment.

So, after my exam I called around to repair shops and nothing but Firestone was open. I thought "Complete Auto Care? They should be able to fix it no problem.

It turned out I needed an oil change and to have my tire rod replaced.

They also told me my car would run better if I replaced the wheel bearing and the ball struts.

I did not have $800, so I said no.

Driving back home, my heat stops working. Thinking it is the recent oil change needing to run through the system, I decided to see what would happen. Two weeks, my heat still does not work. I get sick from the flu. From driving in a freezing cold car. Keep in mind this is the beginning of January.

One day I was driving my dad's pt cruiser and I hit a speed bump at 20 mph due to not seeing it from snow cover. His tires evidently had also been at a low pressure at the time.

So, he told me to take it to Firestone to get the wheels replaced.

They did this (took the entire evening to do it too) while my dad over the phone opened a Firestone card.

He was quite happy with his car and it has been driving lovely ever since.

Since he got such good results, I went back to firestone to see what had happened to my heat.

I was there from 2:14pm until 7:35pm which is downright ridiculous.

I asked for the following :
    1. Fix my turn signal (it kept blinking fast)
    2. I don't have heat in my car.
    3.) Just make sure my tires are at 31 PSI I can;t find my tire gauge.

There was actually nothing wrong with my coolant tank but they did a coolant flush to make sure. They tell you the cost of the flush but not the labor charge. They do that with everything. They tell you the price "Oh it's just 21.99." Not "Oh it's 21.99 for the coolant and $99 for the labor to put it in." To make my bill a bit cheaper I signed up for the credit card. And paid for it with it.

So, apparently my tubes are also cracked and leaking. They said they would call me back the next day after they get the dealer prices for the tubes. A week went by. I got fed up and called them. They told me they forgot about it. They went to talk to the guy who worked on my car and he told them the info. After charging me $176 to put in coolant and change two bulbs in my car, they know tell me:

The one tube is the PVC Tube that goes from the bottom of the intake manifold to the front of the engine, and the other is a PVC tube that goes from the top of the air box to the top of the engine. All together with labor will cost me $328.85 ($185 in labor) and 1.8 hours.
    This is bull!
    My heat worked before I got the oil change down in Mokena. Everything was fine until I went to Firestone. Never again. I will pay off this credit card, and never return again.

Unless you can recommend a good one that will be honest and upfront will all prices and not do services you don't actually need (and not the one in Mokena Illinois or the one on Harlem near the Harlem Irving Plaza).

• Kl
      Jun 23, 2011
    Firestone Auto Ctr - Beware
    Firestone Auto Ctr

Just watched the Firestone T. V . commercial and I almost hurled. The commercial said we'll keep your car running longer, Ha! running longer to the Junk yard. Of course Courtesy Nissan isn't any better. I really don't think there are many qualified mechanic's.

• Rn
      Jul 05, 2011
    Firestone Auto & Tire Svc - Stay away
    Firestone Auto & Tire Svc

I agree 100% same thing happened to early this month and also happened once before too. Firestone always tells some thing to change and replace, they almost force you to do so. This month I did have my car tires replacement, they screw up alignment. Where to go now ??

NEVER AGAIN FIRESTONE.

• Kt
      Jul 11, 2011
    Firestone Auto Service Center - Worst Service, Not Recomended
    Firestone Auto Service Center

I have given my Kia Sedona for break service, i am not stisfied still the problem exsit they dont know how to fix the issues. I will not recommend firestone. Be Aware of service charges it is too high.

• Uj
      Jul 23, 2011
    Firestone - Terrible Service
    Firestone

Recently i had the opportunity to work for firestone, this was a mistake. I have witnessed dishonest repairs and epa violations, Bonuses and pay raises were promised and never delivered.Customers were sold repairs that by all rights should have been redone for free. This is unnacceptable for "proffesional" companies, and I would recommend as an ASE certified master technician that job-seekers and consumers re-think their motives when doing any buisness with firestone and or its affilates.

Jul 24, 2011
    Firestone Auto Care Ctr

A helping school coupon brought me to Firestone the first time to change my tires. I didn't have any knowledge about tires at that time. I was charged $650 for 4 tires with 30, 000 miles warranty. I also took their advice to pay one time for lifetime alignment service for twice a year. After 6 months I returned for oil change and the recommended alignment. When I mentioned about the free alignment, the guy in front asked me "What kind of alignment?" with the cold face as before. Is there different types of alignment in the world? I dropped my car to them and was told I would be called when it was done. After about 30 minutes, somebody called me and told me that my card needed a maintenance service for $600, I told him that I didn't prepare for this and I would come back next time, he said that he could drop the price to $500, but I still didn't agree. I went to dealer the next week, and they only charged me $300 for the exact same service and the dealer told me that would be all my car needed. After another 6 months, I went back to Firestone again for oil change, I was told by a technician when I picked up my car that the spring under the car needed to be replaced for $3000, I was shocked and told him that I would come back the next time. I went to dealer the next week and they told me there was no problem with it. After another few moths, my car started to make noise, I thought it might be something wrong with the engine, so I went to dealer to check it out, they told me that nothing wrong with the engine, it's the tires, these 4 tires never been installed in a right way and they couldn't fix them but replacing them to get rid of the noise, but the tires still had good life on, if I want to save money, I have to suffer the noise. I chose the second option to save money. I suffered this noise day by day, month by month, utill the tires reached 30, 000 miles, and I couldn't stand anymore to replace them. Stay away from them if you don't want to have nightmare.

• Sm
      Jul 25, 2011
    Firestone Auto Care Ctr

I am completely unsatisfied with my most recent visit to Firestone. I went in for a simple oil change and inspection. While I'm sitting in the lobby, I hear the technician say he was having trouble with the inspection machine and called someone to figure out how to reset it. When they're done with my car, they tell me that my car's failed inspection, and the only way they can tell me why is by doing an $80 engine diagnostic test, but I can come back within 15 days to have the inspection rerun at no extra cost. I take my car to get the codes read at Autozone and they said nothing was wrong with the car, and in looking at the inspection report noticed it looked odd because it was basically a blank template. I go back to Firestone a few days later and they say their inspection machine is broken. OH REALLY?? I tell them that they charged me for my inspection when I'm pretty sure the machine was broken the day I was in there. They said the only thing I could do was wait for the machine to be fixed. Two days later I come back and had to deal with the gripy lady up front saying "ok, we'll run it again, but if it fails, you have to do the $80 test". magically enough, it passes. Keep in mind I didn't fix ANYTHING. I didn't even get an apology for all the trouble they've put me through. Will never use them again.

• Fi
      Aug 05, 2011
    Firestone Auto Care Center - firestone hell
    Firestone Auto Care Center
    Georgia

I recently took my car to a local Georgia Firestone; because of slight smoke coming from the radiator area The technician inspected it and performed a block test. Afterward they told me the block test found no problems and the smoke was due to a leak in the radiator and the radiator needed to be replaced.

So they had to order the radiator and the work could not be done that day. So I told the tech at the front desk I would leave the car and take a taxi home. He then told me it wasn’t necessary to leave the car I could drive it home and come back the next day. But I was very skeptical because I did not want to cause further damage. He then had another tech come to me and reassured me it was safe to drive it home because there was no signs of the head gasket would fail??

Assuming the car was safe made a stop at a grocery store on the route home. So the next day I returned to Firestone to have the radiator replaced, but before they replaced the radiator, Taking the advice of a friend, I asked them to inspect the vehicle one more time to make sure there was no further damage and if they could perform another block test even if it would cost a little extra. The technician came back a few moments later and said they checked it out and everything was fine and they would go ahead and replace the radiator.

After they were done installing the new radiator, they called me into the garage where my car was being worked on and told me the head gasket was blown or no good because it failed the block test.

As you could imagine I was very upset. The managers at the location were no help so I contacted corporate office for some answers. I just wanted peace of mind and wanted to make sure it wasn’t the fault of the tech who worked on my vehicle.

But when they finally got in touch with me the guy at consumer affairs said he talked with the tech at the local Firestone and the told him they advised me not to take the car home, which is a flat out lie, they claimed when I took the car I drove over a hundred miles, which is another lie they told the claims department that they told me it wasn’t only the radiator which is also a lie. The claims department said they were a neutral party and they would have the car inspected, which they never did. And everyone at the corporate office was just rude, condescending, and basically acted if I had no right in questioning their work or company. And basically told me they were not liable even before they even investigated the issue. (that does not sound neutral)

Now after my car sat at their location for almost 2 weeks for no apparent reason no investigation of the car and basically treated me like a piece of crap. I finally picked up my car and is now pouring engine coolant, the car constantly shakes makes a loud rattling noise my odometer does not work, all lights on dash do not function, my headlights don’t work, my window does not work the car stalls after driving just driving a couple of blocks after picking it up from Firestone; basically the car is non-functional and had none of these problems prior to dealing with Firestone.

I must admit I’m not too auto mechanically inclined and do not want to be a pest but is this my fault… need some advice before taking further action

• Fs
      Aug 12, 2011

The fact that you know nothing about a car is the problem. Whine all you want. An oil change has NOTHING to do with coolant. Try again. I guess when you cant get laid in a bar, it was because the company who made your clothes made them ugly?

• Fs
      Aug 12, 2011

A better explanation should have been given. Then you would not have had to complain. First off, its very common to have perfectly fine fronts of rotors and horrible backsides. My guess is the tech was trying to do you a favor by trying to cut them and when it went wrong, then they had to replace them. A simple explanation could have fixed this.

• Mj
      Aug 14, 2011
    Firestone Auto Repair - Exorbitant Parts Prices
    Arkansas
    Arkansas

I am here to vent about Firestone. I refuse to use them due to the fact about 13 years ago Firestone caused my BRAND NEW Break Job on my Honda Accord having to be redone only after 40+/- highway miles from leaving one of their shops, and after pulling into another Firestone near my home, after pulling off the Highway, I was told my Rotors with 40+/- miles on them had become warpped, and admitted their Certified Mechanic did something wrong. Cost them $172+ to do the job again.

But here's why I posted today. How can Firestone justify $1, 395 (PARTS ONLY). I found these EXACT same Parts, Number for Number, and Firrestone, where I live, uses Advance Auto Parts as their supplier. I went to Advance Auto Parts website and came up with the toal of $707 (PARTS ONLY). This is NOT justifiable by any means, and I bet they receive discount for doing business with Advance Auto Parts. Mostly every Part was increased at least double and some, a little more than that. SHAME ON YOU FIRESTONE. Even the damn Anti-Freeze, they wanted $15 per gallon.

• Bo
      Aug 19, 2011
    Firestone Complete Auto Care - Horrible Customer Service!
    1840 South Road
    Wappinggers Falls, New York
    New York
    firestonecompleteautocare.com

Prospective consumers in the upstate NY area, please beware of this auto service center located on Route 9 in New York State. My customer service experience was so horrific, it prompted me to write this review today. Entered this auto shop today 8/19/11, in the morning and was told that I would have a wait of up to 1 1/2 hours for a basic oil change. Left service center at 4:40pm! with no one seeing my car! Was left waiting for over 4 Hours! When I finally decided to leave, the manager simply just gave me back my keys with no explanation for the torturous waiting period. Just simply a "goodbye don't come back" attitude... Entered my car at 4:40pm in the pouring rain! Spent the whole day watching CNN, with no one even explaining the status of my oil change when I was waiting at this "auto care" center...*Footnote #1: At one point I asked is my care being worked on and told it is next. Yet I'm watching other cars being brought in the bays. Footnote #2: On my way out I noticed a sign next to the door listing a Firestone complaint number. The manager watched me write this number down with not even inquiring or offering any solutions or assistance of any kind. I was as polite as I could be and was just simply treated as topsoil today... Consumers, do not use this auto center!, There is a Valvoline just two blocks down the road, They are more expensive but at least they treat you like a member of the human race...

Sep 06, 2011
    Firestone Complete Auto

Took my car in for a safety inspection.
    At the completion was told that I needed 2 new wipers which they replaced without asking me.
    This despite the fact that I had put a brand new wiper on the car that morning.
    When I asked to see the wipers they replaced the service manager removed the charge but showed no embarrassment.

Sep 17, 2011
    Firestone Auto Care - Don't use
    Firestone Auto Care

My car have engine start issue for few times recently. Also at same time the check engine light turns on. The battery is more than 4 years old. It is clearly the battery need to be replaced, so the start issue will be fixed easily. FireStone (locates at 3525 Peachtree Industrial Blvd, Duluth, GA 30096) replaced my starter(they think that is the problem) at beginning. later on they told my battery is dead too, they charged me more than $356 for replace started with free battery replaced. Do you think starter and batter can be bad same time?? They charged me another $100 for diagnostics and flashed coolant system and replaced the thermostat for check engine on issue, that is another $268 charge. I have backed several times.

I am strongly suspect they dishonestly told me starter was bad not battery because my batter is 4 years old. Also flash coolant does help the check engine on issue?

Oct 07, 2011
    Firestone Complete Auto Care - Worst Service, Useless people
    Firestone Complete Auto Care

I went to the Firestone Auto Care center at 892 E Main St Stamford, CT 06902 and these guys are absolutely bu***hit. They charged me heavily for wheel balancing, alignment and didn't do it properly. In fact I think they messed up something and I started hearing weird noises after I got the car back. After a week when I asked them, why I am hearing these sounds, those [censored] as***les, told me there are problems with your car and gave me a big quote to fix it. I asked them why didn't they tell me this thing when I got it serviced a week before. That guy gave me s**t reason saying sometimes they won't be able to detect it.

• He
      Oct 09, 2011
    Firestone Complete Auto Care - Should be stoned
    Firestone Complete Auto Care

I went in and needed a alignment 80.00 right so tell me why I ended up spending 200.00! They took forever and doubled the price ... 40.00 in parts and 145.00 in "LABOR" ... when I asked why I had to pay 20.00 for an extra part (which was fine) but 60.00 more (in labor)to put the part on which only takes 10 mins, they said I had to have because they cant release the car till its fixed???
    Why should I have to pay for the extra labor considering I was already paying for labor that wasn't being used?
    AT THIS TIME I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO FIRESTONE !

• Sh
      Oct 20, 2011
    Firestone - Not Impressed
    Firestone

My BMW was starting to overheat, I took it to Firestone to get it looked at. They diagnosed it and informed me that it needed a new thermostat. I gave the okay for them to go ahead and get it replaced, they did. Charged us about 500 bucks, and it was STILL overheating when all was said and done. The thermostat was obviously NOT the entire problem.

They told us that it would take them too long to diagnose what the problem REALLY was, and that they'd charge me by the hour, and advised that I just take it to a dealership. (Who would end up charging EVEN MORE.) I'm extremely frustrated, because if you supposedly fix my car - and it's STILL not running correctly, you fix it until it is running properly with NO EXTRA CHARGES. It's absurd that they wouldn't complete the repair. Firestone has most certainly lost my future business.

• Su
      Nov 08, 2011
    Firestone - Awful
    Firestone

I live in NJ. My daughter's car (my car) broke down in Port St. Lucie, FL on March 6, 2011. AAA towed her car to Firestone All American Tire and Service. They told me the engine blew and I agreed to have them replace it (with a rebuilt). The store manager was nice enough at the time. Got a quote and gave a deposit. Signed quote on 3/14/11. As of May 16 I still didn't have the car. They were rude, would not return my calls-if I did get the manager he would tell me it's going to take as long as it takes. I called Firestone back in March and had a 3 way call with them. Firestone would not help me because they say the store is independent (just sell Firestone Tires). I was then told by my AAA rep that the shop was going to be closing their doors and they had to finish my car before that. Well, guess what? The shop closed and my car was locked inside for over a week!!! My AAA rep stopped by again and the owners (who never contacted me) told him that they got a company to come fix my car and that it was running well. I then had to pay the balance of $1, 400 before they will release my car.

My daughter was stuck without her car for 3 months. When she did get it back, we took it to another shop before she was allowed to drive it, just to find the engine had no Vin#, wiring was not hooked up, they glued the radiator and the cruise control cable. The transmission cable had to be replaced as did the brackets under the car (holding the engine and transmission in) I still have all of the broken parts and the repair order from the new shop. My question is this: Why would Firestone let anyone that they won't stand behind use their name. Not only was it on their receipt, they have a large Firestone sign on their building. This is just awful and misleading. I cannot tell you how horrible this has been. I am out to send Firestone and this shop a message. Don't ever let them touch your car. 1888 SW Bayshore Blvd. - just in case they change their name - again.

• St
      Sep 08, 2012
    Firestone - Stay Away
    Firestone Complete Autocare
    475 E 17th Street
    Costa Mesa
    California
    Phone: [protected]

had used these guys religiously years ago and was very happy. But they have had a great deal of turn over in management and technicians. DID NOT DO WORK PAID FOR - Recommend additional work based on "technician recommendation and experience" that was totally unnecessary. - cabin filter, changed in the last 3, 000 miles. they recommended that I do an oil change. They were supposed to do an oil change! Well at least I paid for one :( Was this a sign charging for services not performed "theft" or just more evidence of incompetence? I am not sure. Based on the rest of my experience I really wonder. I had purchased
    a lifetime alignment from these guys sometime back. Unfortunately, this particular location only wants to sell services apparently, and not actually perform the service. I brought the the car in and requested that I receive a before and after. They only gave me partial readings on the before. 13 out of a possible readings 22 reading. Amazingly the final reading they gave gave numbers on all 22. interestingly enough 4 out of the initial 13 readings actually were made worse. I do not know about the other readings because there was no before Adjustments that could have been made to improve the alignment were not made because they were within .1 of the maximum tolerance. The manager did not adjust said that we not make these adjustments because it was within "specs" per the manager . The manager seemed to think it was just fine not having 40% of the readings on the initial work, which I was very clear I wanted 100% when I dropped the car off. He seemed to think it was fine that that The technician made 30% of the readings worse than when I came it. I can was utterly astonished that the manager thought that all of this was fine. I had used these guys religiously years ago and was very happy. But they have had a great deal of turn over in management and technicians. I will never go back to this location and the fact that management supports this type of practices leaves me wondering if I should continue to use Firestone products? I will tell all of my friends what happened to me there.

•   Sep 16, 2012
    Firestone Incomplete Auto Care In Augusta - Crappy Customer Service & lousy auto care
    Firestone in Augusta GA
    3232 Wrightsboro Road
    Augusta
    Georgia
    Phone: [protected]

Their customer service stinks, and they work very hard to avoid giving discounts (esp. if your in the military), along with poor quality service, they often use second hand auto parts instead of the new ones that you paid top dollar for, and they overcharge customers for the labor.. My experience was a nightmare, they overcharged me for the work they did on my car, and the technicians was rude. I'm not going back there again!!!