Fifth Third / rip off
I closed my Fifth Third account today. I'm sticking with a credit union now. They only charge a $20 fee and thats it. I can say that I'm not the greatest at balancing my check book but these fee's are outrageous! I can understand a one time fee of x amount of dollars for being over. It would seem like you wouldn't be able to use your debit card if your in a negative balance though. I'm a World of Warcraft gamer. I canceled my account for a little while and started it back up. Before all this my phone company decided to charge me a week a early and I wasn't aware of it. So I was thinking I had about $60 to spend. I paid the $15 for the month Warcraft fee. That ended up being a $33 fee. Warcraft also charged me a $1 fee separately to check my account or something like that. Which ended up being another $33 fee. I didn't realize all of this until about 10 days after the situation. Then to top it all off they charged me $6 a day fee until the negative balance was paid off. So that ended up being a $60 dollar fee. So I ended up paying $126 worth of fees for being about $10 over...
Seems like there should be some law against this. Isn't there a law against credit card companies for charging too much interest? Fee's are about the same as interest just paid in a different way.
I'm going with consumers credit union now. From what I heard and seen it seems like a decent place to store your cash. Any comments would be appreciated.
More Fifth Third Complaints & Reviews
- Fifth Third Bank - poor customer service! 
- Fifth Third Bank - credit card application security 
- Fifth Third Bank - fift third bank is a rip off! 
- Fifth Third Bank - predatory overdraft fees (class action info) 
- Fifth Third Bank - unfair banking practice 
- Fifth Third Bank / 53.com - overdraft fees
- Fifth Third Bank / 53.com - service
- Fifth Third Bank / 53.com - check cashing
- Fifth Third - overdraft fees
- Fifth Third Bank / 53.com - overdraft fees and a very rude rcm