5/3 Bank — overdrafts with positive balance
On 10/03/08 I depostied a Government check for $ 336.00 into my checking acct. that had a balance of $ 429.74 for what I thought was a balance of $ 765.74 . I then went to the grocery and other shopping . On the same day two (2) checks came in . The total value of ALL spending AND checks came to $ 541.52 ( $50 of that was pending and was paid out on 10/06 ). I was charged $74.00 for two (2) overdrafts ! ONE OVERDRAFT OF $ 37 for a $ 25 check and another $ 37 on a $ 4.55 debit purchase. THATS RIGHT ! $ 74.00 in fees for two items totaling $ 29.55 ! ALL THIS WHEN I HAD $ 765.74 IN THEIR STINKING BANK ! It was then explained to me that I could ONLY USE the first $ 100 of my deposit ? !?!?! I then called them up and got a very rude supervisor named Scott # 1986298 who said it was my fault and I should have known this as it had been in effect since 07 . Nobody told me until this happened . Now I see what I could have done in hindsight ... CASH THE CHECK and then DEPOSIT THE CASH BACK INTO MY ACCOUNT to have the full usable balance . This only works up to the balance you have on hand to cover the check, but in my case I could have deposited it all in cash . 5/3 BANK is a rip off organization and my wife and myself will take our $ 5000.00 a month that gos through 5/3 and take it to National City . oh, by the way, Scott # 1986298, when I mentioned that I was a loyal customer since 1998 and had for ten (10) years had "totally free checking " said " that's just a name " . When I asked for the phone number for Corporate and/or the address for corporate, REFUSED on both requests and said that HE WAS IT ! NO ONE ELSE TO TALK TO ! E.S.Manley
More 5/3 Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Fifth Third Bank - poor customer service!
- Fifth Third Bank - credit card application security
- Fifth Third Bank - fift third bank is a rip off!
- Fifth Third Bank - predatory overdraft fees (class action info)
- Fifth Third Bank - unfair banking practice
- Fifth Third Bank - new here:)
- Fifth Third Bank - stealing money through overdraft fees!
- Fifth Third Bank - predatory fees and deposit blocks on business checking
- Fifth Third Bank - total disregard of customers
- Fifth Third - lien release