Fifth Third Bank / outrageous overdraft fees

1 222 Helman AveCincinnati, OH, United States
Phone: 212-550-2110

Starting 11/8/10 when my employer failed to direct deposit my pay check, I had to take a live check to the bank ASAP to cover my bills. My rent had not come out yet, but amazing enough, the day after I deposited the check, the account was already in the negative collecting fees galore! Between the dates of 11/9/10 until 11/17/10, Fifth Third had taken over $1100 in fees. Of course, when I went in the bank, after I had borrowed money out of my future check to get it out of the negative, the man in the bank stated that he was "just a Peon" and the bank manager was on vacation. He also told me "matter of factly" that I would be incurring another $200 in fees at midnight. He couldn't do anything! Yea Right! He never showed me a list of what all charges were individually, just a statement of lumped together fees that made no sense. The manager was "supposed" to call me when she got back from the vacation I probably paid for. That didn't happen either. Well, I won't be having Christmas thanks to Fifth Third Bank. They are nothing more than thieves!

Da