Fifth Third Bank / harassing calls!

1 Philippines Review updated:

I have never ever dealt with a company that their collection agency was based in the PHILLIPIANS!!! In mailing a car payment on September 30, 2007, (our grace window was Sep 29 - Oct 10) we started receiving phone calls all hours of the day/night. When finally speaking with a Customer Service Rep it was RUDE; THREATENING'; VERY UNPROFESSIONAL... then to top it off when I told him it wasn't my fault that the check from SOUTH BEND to CINCINATTI hadn't arrived, that was the mail services problem... he very rudely informed me he wasn't in OHIO, but calling from the PHILLIPIANS!! WHAT??? He had my account information; my personal information and I was talking to someone who didn't even live OR work in the U.S? I was appalled! Is this the way to get CHEAP LABOR??? My payment was not LATE; I didn't deserve to be harassed. I will not deal with this bank again!!! IF possible I will refinance my loan with someone else.

Comments

• Mi
      30th of Apr, 2008

Fifth Third nak is a scam. I have had a car loan with them sence 2001 and have never missed a payment. Sever time when they did not recieve the payment by the due date, not after the grase period they begin calling, 3 and 4 time a day. I am then asked to wait for the next aviaiable agent. they always call eary on Saturday and Sunday mornings. After I explain to them that the payment is in the mail, and that there is still over a week before the grase period is up, they try to talk me into making a paymeny over the telephone. When this first happened I did not want a late payment on my credit report and I agreed, but guees what, they charge a fee for the service that is more then the late payment. Not only did I have to pay a "fee", 2 days later my check was cahsed by fifth third bank, so I made a double payment, plus paid a fee that was more then the late charge. I think this is a out and out SCAM. I pay bills over the phone and online all the time, but no one else charges a fee for the service. I qwould really like to know who I could report this to, because I really bleive this a is a money making scam.

• Di
      26th of May, 2008

We get harassing phone calls from Fifth Third Bank regularly even after we requested the number be removed. We do not have an account with them, and never will have. Very poor business conduct.

• Be
      16th of Aug, 2008

I completely agree with every complaint posted regarding Fifth Thirds' harassing phone calls. I NEVER would have personally chosen them to handle the financing of my truck beause I actually had never heard of them, but the dealership said 5th 3rd offered the lowest rate at the time. I later found out that wasn't the truth, but the damage was already done.
    My grace period ends on the 16th, but the harassing calls start way before, and it' always the same hard to understand foreign speaking man. Prior to exploding on this guy I explained that my payment was always received before the end of the grace period & asked why he was calling. He rudely made reference to the actual due date & bluntly stated he would call every month that it wasn't. There was absolutely no reasoning with this guy so I hung up on him. He called back immediately, but I wouldn't answer the phone, so he repeatedly continued to call.
    I will never use 5th 3rd again & advise everyone I know about my experience.

• Bi
      17th of Apr, 2010
    Fifth Third Bank - Harrasing calls

Fifth Third banks automated system starts calling at 8:00 in the morning and every 30 minutes after that. We pick up to talk to them but there is nobody there. We are happy to talk with them and work out our payments but all this does is harass and irritate us. We have pulled all other accounts from the bank as a result but cannot with this account. Bad Business ! Bad Bank !

• Ca
      9th of Feb, 2011
    Fifth Third Bank - Harassing Calls
    West Palm Beach
    Florida

Fifth Third Bank is not only calling me directly but, calling my office as well. I feel it is total harassment to call me on my mortgage loan when it is not late until after the 15th of the month. Furthermore, it is 02/09/2011 and I still have not received my 1098 Interest for my line of credit with Fifth Third Bank. If they want to call me after the 15th of the month that is fine because then I would be late but, to call me asking me why I have not paid my mortgage and could I make a payment today when it is not even past due is absolutely rude and HARASSMENT! Also, I think it should be against the law to call my office!

• Ge
      10th of Feb, 2011

You are already late if you do you pay on the 1st of the month when your payment is due. Furthermore, the bank allows you to pay up to 15 days after the due date (aka grace period). Up next, ignorant consumer says, "the world owes me a living."

• Jc
      21st of Nov, 2011

I was forced to file a civil suit against 5/3 bank case number 2011-cv-2340 Wilson County, TN, for receiving 784 phone calls in a 6 week period . This action was a direct result of me being a full month behind in my payment. This case was ruled in my favor under the current Fair Debt Consumer protection Act. ( section 807(4) and section 806 (5). I understand that 5/3 is wanting their money and I have that financial responsibility to ensure that payment is made. However, after filing 11 hardship packages, all denied, 9 registered letters to stop and desist letters, I sought relief from the courts. Debt is a responsibility and should not be taking in a light manner. However, when an individual who has attempted to work with debtor, has failed and harassing phone calls have ensued to the level of 784, documented by phone records and logs, in a 6 week period one may consider a civil matter to get the calls to stop. Don't be intimidated by the court process, it is designed to work with fairness, for the most part. These cases can be filed by the individual under $140 . without the aid of an attorney when they are filed in small claims court