Fifth Third Bank / overdraft and other fees
My Paypal is set up so that when there is not enough money in my checking account, they will take the money off my credit card. My bank, however, thinks it’s funny to accept the bill from Paypal instead of deferring it to my card. This way, I overdraft my account. Then they charge me with anywhere between $37 and $99 in fees. This happens because someone will call me and tell me my account is in the red. Then I will go online and transfer money from my credit card to bring it above zero. (This time I had to max out my card to cover all of their fees.) Once it is above zero, and I’ve paid the cash advance fees for transferring from my credit card, the bank will charge me a “daily overdraft fee” which has been anything from $6 to $27. This will usually overdraft my account, starting the process all over again.
I went into the bank the other day and forced them to change my account so when there is no money in it, THE TRANSACTION IS DECLINED. This is how a checking account should work. He said he could set that up but I would have to come in every month and do it again. Excuse me?
I woke up today with another overdraft. A Paypal transaction that was from January (when I had money) was charged to my account. I went back to see how the ### this was possible and saw that my bank had rejected ONE of the Paypal transactions and overdrafted me in the amount of the rest. This is their idea of one last joke. I have been trying to close my account but can’t until all of the fees are paid off. The longer it stays open, the more fees they charge.
I HAVEN’T MADE ANY PURCHASES WITH MY DEBIT CARD IN OVER TWO MONTHS. And yet I get the “Overdraft Phone Call” every morning. Surprise!! Fifth Third Bank hates you even more today than they did yesterday.
More Fifth Third Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Fifth Third Bank - poor customer service! 
- Fifth Third Bank - credit card application security 
- Fifth Third Bank - fift third bank is a rip off! 
- Fifth Third Bank - predatory overdraft fees (class action info) 
- Fifth Third Bank - unfair banking practice 
- Fifth Third Bank / 53.com - check cashing
- Fifth Third - overdraft fees
- Fifth Third Bank / 53.com - overdraft fees and a very rude rcm
- Fifth Third Bank - I am complaining about the terrible experience I had getting my home improvement loan.
- Fifth Third Bank / 53.com - fee reversal