FIDO / loyalty dollars

1 Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 604-468-4896

I used fido dollars to purchase a headset fido sent me a confirmation letter debiting my fido money and advising me that the item would be sent between 5-10 days this took place on 28th june, the fido dollars are awarded to customers who use and keep there accounts up to date. After ordering the confirmed item
I changed my service to another company, I was told I would not get the item as it is only for loyal customers, I was loyal to fido for over 10 years. I was under the impression the fido dollars I received from them was for loyalty. So beware. Total value of the item at fidos retail listed as $100 mike

Comments

• Ed
      30th of Sep, 2008

I did practically the same thing. I ordered some headsets on August 22, 2008 using my FIDO rewards dollars and a credit card to pay the difference for what the reward dollars didn't cover. I was told that they should arrive in five business days, but at worst by September 12, 2008. I asked what would happen if I changed to another service provider in the next few days or weeks? I was told that my headsets would still come as I had ordered them as a customer.
    My cell number was ported over to another mobile cell company August 27, 2008. By September 15, 2008 I hadn't received the headsets. I called FIDO to ask where they were. I was told they were on order and they should be arriving any day, but that a trace would be sent to see where they were and if they had not gone out they would send them out within five days, but again at worst by September 29, 2008.
    Today September 30, 2008, I call and was told by the customer service rep and subsequently this person’s supervisor (Teresa) this "You are not a customer of FIDO therefore we do not reward people who are not customers so you are not entitled to the headsets". Wait a minute I was a customer for nearly 4 years and ordered the headsets and paid the difference with a credit card while I was a customer, the transaction was valid one. "You are not a customer; we do not reward people who leave FIDO".
    So, long story short. 1. Being a paying customer does not mean FIDO will honour your use of your reward dollars while a FIDO customer. 2. Apparently FIDO expects that whatever you use the rewards dollars on you must expect to have the product in hand before you change service providers (what if your item is back ordered, held up somehow, or anything else that might prevent the item actually reaching you and it is possible for this to happen and be longer than a month, well wait until you get it before changing otherwise "You are not a customer; we do not reward people who leave FIDO").
    I found the customer service condescending and their attitude quite maddening, very maddening. It would take a lot for me to consider ever going back to FIDO or mother company Rogers.

1st of Jan, 2009

I have been with fido for over 10 years, almost left them in 2006 cause they wanted $100 for a new razor while i could
    get that same razor in the kiosk for $25 with a new plan.Anyway to make a long story short, their csr sucks and i must
    admit that after my contract is over, i will have to say ASTALA VISLA fido and by then telus will have their 4g ready.
    i'm a very pissed off customer, i will have to say fido is the suckiest customer service i ever
    dealt with. so if you don't mind waiting for a couple of hours before u can get thru their customer service and listen
    to their rudeness or you are on your own then you can go for it.
    so in other words STAY AWAY FROM FIDO OR YOU WILL REGRET IT.
    Before the contract is signed, they can be the nicest customer service you are dealing with butAs soon as you sign the contract with them, you are a nobody my friend .
    The most ridiculous thing i saw on the net PRAISE about their service as outstanding.you have been warned.good luck

• Ad
      10th of May, 2009

HI,
    I just found this company That will help you reduce your bill If Fido refuses. IF you did it and didn't realize it would be that expenssive.(long distance roaming, INTERNET DATA over minutes. etc etc
    THey bassically negociate for you, know the laws in canada (Including Quebec) and will help you reduce your bill even though Fido, Rogers, Telus, or BELL refuses.

send an email