[Resolved] FIDO / bogus 800-900$ charge of cell phone not registered to me

1 Montréal, Québec, Canada Review updated:

I received a letter passed on to me for a bogus bill of 800-900$ for a phone I do not have.
They have tried to send me a new iphone8 by FedEx since June 2018 or thereabouts, but I had not requested it and sent it back each time (at least 3) saying that it is not mine, and not my property or responsibility, and I would start legal proceedings if this continued.
I have had a pay as you go sim but am not in any contract. I haven't even used said sim since June or July as far as I can remember.
I had an option to try two new sims and phone but they were never used and returned as received without strings as this was their policy. I even recorded within their limit of days after telephoning first about an extension since I never had the time to try them or activate them.
Suddenly they haven't listened and are trying to dupe someone into paying a bogus bill for an unwanted/unneeded phone, and I actually haven't used any service for months as I was switching to a new provider.
I do not wish to enter into any verbal comms with them as they have trained sales tactics to coerce unsuspecting victims to be customers.
They should in the very least apologize for this upset and harassment and refund me for my time wasted and undue stress, as my health has been delicate and worsened as a result.
Everything of theirs was returned with my express frustration that they were incorrect and needed to fix their errors.
THANKS.

• Resolution statement

• Fido Customer Care's Response, Aug 28, 2018

Hey @0BOY,

This definitely does not sound like the kind of experience we want for our customers!

Please send us a message on Social Media through either Facebook or Twitter and we will be glad to take a closer look into this for you. I’m sure we will be able to get to the bottom of this together.

You can also check out our ``Contact Us`` page on www.fido.ca to see all the other ways to get a hold of us.

-Pierre

• Fido Customer Care's Response, Oct 12, 2018

I'm really sorry to learn that. It's good to know that this website marks the complaint as resolved on their end if there is no reply. We remain available to resolve this whenever is convenient to you.

I hope you'll get well soon!

-Pamela

0b
Aug 28, 2018

Comments

• Mm
      12th of Oct, 2018

Not resolved - pierre, put your contact in the reply and let's actually resolve this instead of just announcing it is... Thanks.
    (ps. Been busy dealing with bereavement and personal trauma)