FIA Card Services / stealing my money

p.o.Wilmington, DE, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-655-1491

Mailed my payment 14 days before the due date to ensure no late charges. Check never cashed and they charged my account a late fee plus raised my percentage rate due to payment late. I paid online and canceled my check at the bank. sure enough, they charged me again for returned check fee after they tried to apply it to my account late after I had canceled it at the bank. Horrible business tactics. My advice. Dont use fia card services.

Comments

Ro
  22nd of Jan, 2008
FIA recently strongarmed me for some money, providing me with enough personal information about myself that I thought they were on the level. I thought FIA was acting as an agent for a credit card company. I payed the amount due through an electronic back transaction. I came to find out this weekend that the money had never even been applied to my account! I was ripped off unknowingly.
Jb
  27th of Feb, 2008
Make your payment online i'm pretty sure you have access to the internet, i'd assume if well your typing comments on the website, costs you less money.
1. you don't need a stamp
2. Transaction is almost instantaneous *depending who you bank with* if you don't bank with them it can take up to 3 business days for the FULL TRANSFER to be complete.
3. FIA card servies is through MBNA meaning if you don't bank with them the transaction will take approx 3 bus days to post to your account, however your credited the funds that day, bet you didn't know that!
4. FIA Card Services is not a 3rd party agency they are actually calling on the credit card that you owe them, i'm sure if you googled the info a little further you would be able to see this.
Sn
  5th of Mar, 2008
According to a website I was just reading about FIA, MBNA was bought out by Bank of America in 2006 and renamed FIA Card Services. If you are aware of the news behind Bank of America in 2006 , according to a Wall Street Journal article, they have been "quietly" providing credit cards to illegal aliens.

I'm in the process of canceling credit cards backed by Bank of America and their new name, FIA Card Services (bet they did that so folks didn't realize it was BOA) and discontinuing business with companies like LLBean who have their credit card backed by FIA Card Services. It may seem insignificant, but the power is in the people, not corporate america.
Li
  5th of Mar, 2008
ESTATE DEPARTMENT: beware

I received a piece of mail addresses to " estate of Jon Doe" being a family member; this is also mailed by FIA CARD SERVICES so must be a SCAM so they are a ### company. So glad for the internet to have a forum to help others out. Sorry for those with the misfortune if you were scammed; take pride in the fact "I DIDN"T".
Cs
  29th of Mar, 2008
These people just pissed me off. Been a long time customer of MBNA, then they merged with Bank of America, (FIA) everything was cool. They recently bought out CitiBank Puerto Rico credit card accounts( I live in the USVI). To my dismay, they now claim they have "different" credit criterias to CitiCard and increased my interest rate. If they really checked my history with other cards as they said, the idiots would have noticed that I have 3 other cards with them. "Customer Appreciation" yeah right. APR went from 11.9 to 17.9. I say we stop doing business with them; Power of the People. Thanks to "Uncle Sam" for allowing these money hunger vultures for doing this to consumers, that make "their" world go 'round. Not a satisfied customer. They are running the biggest SCAM ever, and none of the Feds seem to care. Their pockets are getting bigger, but they will all suffer and go to jail.
Rc
  5th of Apr, 2008
I have a BOA credit card that I racked up a huge bill for back in college. I received a letter from FIA last year saying that they could help me out of the situation I was in. So, I gave them a call. At first I thought they were like a collector, but investigated and found out what they really are. They agreed to help me settle the card, after one large payment and six months of small ones. They were very helpful in scheduling the dates of the withdrawals and taking my budget into account. So I thought, wow! A weight had been lifted! Until two days later when I received a message that my payment had not been received and now I had to pay a late fee... the payments were automatically taken out of my BOA checking account!! How could I be late?! So I called and found out that they had my checking account number wrong by one number. I gave it to them again, and they said that everything was okay, and they would debit it out then. Two days later, the same thing happens again. They have my checking account number wrong, by ONE number (a DIFFERENT number this time). This happens two more times! And each time I am receiving letters in the mail raising my payments $100 each time this happens until they were wanting $500 every two weeks! Outrageous. Oh, and on two occassions that I called the toll-free number, the phone was answered "Hello".
Vi
  5th of Jun, 2008
And we thought we were the only ones fooled by those thieves but I see that it is like an epidemic what it is happening with this company. As the same as the other people on the web page, my husband were charged three times without previous notification and they left us with red numbers on the account, $1000.00 usd first two and $340.00 the last one. We have decided to fight so we called to several official agencies and told us that this procedure is TOTALLY ILLEGAL. I recommend you DON'T PROCASTINATE and call the numbers I provide on the botton. Together we can fight more effectively. Complaint on the web is very hepfull but the ones that can make any kind of change or can intervene are the official departments. Put an offical claim at:

Controls of Currency (they control national banks)
1 800 613 6743

Federal Trade Comission
1 800 355 2227

Close your bank account as soon as possible and if you want you can even go to the police as a monetary froud.

All together can make the different.
Ma
  23rd of Nov, 2008
I have read enough of these complaints to see a pattern of behavior that appears to constitute conduct by FIA Card Services that could be subject to legal action. While each of us have been damaged only a small amount (in comparison to the amount needed to mount a law suit), together there may be enough to start a class action lawsuit against FIA Card Services. Does anyone know if any have been filed?
Da
  16th of Feb, 2009
Thanks for all this information.Yes I was considering taking FIA up on their generous settlement offer.But when they faxed the settlement letter I didn't like the way it was worded
You think everything is ok because their liked to BofA.

Thanks Again,
I won't be taking a settlement by FIA.
Di
  15th of Apr, 2009
I had problems with FIA Card Services and I did not owe them money, and did not even know who they were. When I opened a checking account at Bank of America, I also signed up for their VISA card. From that point on, I received calls on my home phone that I would classify as
harassment.

I received 2-3 calls per week for several months. On none of the calls would they leave a message on my answering machine. On three calls, I was home and answered the call, and was hung up on without anyone speaking to me.

I also complained online to Bank of America customer support, but the calls continued. At that point I took my emailed compliant and started faxing it to the local branch where I opened my account. Since that day
I have received zero calls from FIA Card Services. :)
Jo
  9th of May, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
who is Fia card services?
we have had our Credit cards with Wachovia which have been terminated by Wachovia due to the sell out to Wells farga

We have no received Credit cards from FIA Card services - but We no idea about the annual charges nor the interest rates - apparently it almost looks like this company does not exists nor does have a public information room

Does anybody from you have more information about FIA card services and if it would be wise to activate their credit cards?
Ga
  13th of Jul, 2009
I would not recommend activating your FIA account that was transferred from Wachovia. I have had nothing but trouble. Find another company. FIA will lie to you and their customer service reps are very rude.
Fi
  27th of Sep, 2009
They Gouged me, saying I was 1 day late. So they could then up the rate, and hit me with the late fee the next month, saying since the interest rate was now astronomical, I didn't pay the minimum.

Check out your local Credit Union. Their fee's and interest rates are still excellent. Also they don't gouge. I transferred the balance and am currently shutting down that nightmare.