Festiva Resorts Complaints / Lies, lies and more lies

I should have known better... I was told that for $149.00 I could stay in a 4 Star golf resort in Myrtle Beach for 3day/2 nights. To sweeten the pot Festiva would through in a 2 day Charleston, SC vacation to be used anytime after Myrtle Beach for free. Since I needed to stay at both places, I agreed.

First Lie: Dump instead of 4 Star. This was the first time I actually had to spray disinfectant in a place I would lay my head. Needless to say, I only stayed the one night.

Second Lie: After complaining and getting nowhere, I asked to get out of the tour commitment. I was told I would have to pay for two nights even if I only stayed 1. Now mind you, I had already paid $149 so I said ok. I was charged an additional $280.00 for not taking the tour.

Third Lie: The vacation packet paperwork states a fee of $200.00 for not taking the tour.

Hopefully I can recover some of the money I shelled out for what was the worst and most expensive one night stay of my life!!!

Ri

Comments

• Je
      4th of Aug, 2008

Festiva is really a bad company, just thank god you did not buy a timeshare. They have converted to points and the consumers who purchased with them have been defrauded of millions.

• Pa
      17th of Sep, 2008

Festiva Resorts misrepresents what they are selling. I agree with the above and all the other online complaints. We owned pts. with Equivest which we were perfectly happy with. Festiva rep. informs us that Equivest has been bought out by them and that we are now members of Festiva. For an additional 3000 we can purchase another 1000 pts. which will give us 2400 pts. and much more vacation time. We are also told that our 1400 pts. with Equivest will no longer be any good since Equivest is out of business, unless we convert. We convert, pay the 3000, and then find out that the 2400 pts. are worth no more than the 1400 that we already had and which had been pd. for in full, that Equivest is in fact still in existence and we could have continued our vacation club pts with them and not paid another dime. We never actually stayed at any of the Equivest Resorts and only used Interval International which was great and is now a complete pain with Festiva. We have filed a complaint with the BBB in North Carolina and the Attorney General's Office in NC. We would like to know if any of the other people who are unhappy with Festiva would be interested in filing a class action lawsuit against them?? Please respond to the above email if so. Not only are they dishonest they have the absolute worst customer service I have ever dealt with. Please beware of this company. It is a complete scam

• Za
      16th of Feb, 2009

I am in agreeable with you. I have been w/ Equivest for over 7 years now. The maintenance fees have went up over $200 over that time. I was late paying my dues this year due to a honest mistake and they charged me $50 plus $8.36 interest. That left me owing over $600 maintenance fees for the year. We are on points which we get once a year and equals out to about a week vacation at our home resort. To me it is a rip off. Hopefully my husband will wake up and get us out of this scam.

• Li
      9th of May, 2009

We too was told the same story that Equivest no longer existed and we had to change over to Festiva points. We were so dissatisfied that we set up at time with the Sales group at Blue Ridge Village We were given a great speech and the people was so convincing that we purchade more point so we would have enough to take the same amount of time and more as we did in the past. Now I'm finding we can't get any reservations anywhere they are all booked. We are in the same boat as alot of others. When I asked about this I was told I could always release it back to Festiva and get nothing in return. But at least we would not have to pay the maintains fee. That is almost $28000.00 they want free.

• Fe
      11th of May, 2009

While it can be difficult to get reservations during the high season at some of our resorts, most of our members find that planning well in advance for their vacations can be quite rewarding.

If you have any specific questions or concerns about Festiva Resorts, please visit http://festivaresorts.wordpress.com/question-answer/ and we will be happy to assist you.

Of course, our Owner Services department is always available at ownerservices@festivaresorts.com to assist you in making your vacation plans and explaining how to get the best usage out of your membership.