Farmers Insurance / renters insurance is a rip off!
I purchased renters Insurance in the month of April for the new place I moved to. I was asked how much insurance did I need. I told the gal that I had a lot of things, I needed about $75,000 and she told me it would cost about $30 a month, so I say sign me up. She faxed the papers and I signed them. She never asked me about a rider for anything.
NOW May 21, 2007, my apt was broken into and they took all my cash ($2000), savings bonds ($600) and ALL of my jewelry (appx. $5000).
The adjuster tells me that I can only get $100 for the cash, $500 for the bonds and $500 for my jewelry! With a $500 deductible that gives me $600 for my loss. Oh, and what about the bed I am suppose to sleep in the did something to that and not sure if it is covered that it doesn't sleep me very good.
I feel that the agents office is at fault and I should be about to get more of my loss covered since I was not told about riders. Please help me, I have none of my grandparents jewelry, my HighSchool & college memories are gone with my rings and I have nothing from my past to pass on to my granddaughter. Please help, I want to try to get my things back!
More Farmers Insurance Complaints & Reviews
- Farmers Insurance - bad customer service 
- Farmers Insurance - lake of help from my dm thomas mundell 
- Farmers Insurance - auto insurance 
- Farmers Insurance - unauthorized billing 
- Farmers Insurance - no responsibility 
- Farmers Insurance Group - home insurance policy not included in online access
- Farmers Insurance Group - policy canceled
- Farmers Insurance Group - unauthorized claim and policy name change
- Farmers Insurance - customer service
- Farmers Insurance - rates go up no explanation for two years