Farmers Insurance / Renters insurance is a rip off!
I purchased renters Insurance in the month of April for the new place I moved to. I was asked how much insurance did I need. I told the gal that I had a lot of things, I needed about $75,000 and she told me it would cost about $30 a month, so I say sign me up. She faxed the papers and I signed them. She never asked me about a rider for anything.
NOW May 21, 2007, my apt was broken into and they took all my cash ($2000), savings bonds ($600) and ALL of my jewelry (appx. $5000).
The adjuster tells me that I can only get $100 for the cash, $500 for the bonds and $500 for my jewelry! With a $500 deductible that gives me $600 for my loss. Oh, and what about the bed I am suppose to sleep in the did something to that and not sure if it is covered that it doesn't sleep me very good.
I feel that the agents office is at fault and I should be about to get more of my loss covered since I was not told about riders. Please help me, I have none of my grandparents jewelry, my HighSchool & college memories are gone with my rings and I have nothing from my past to pass on to my granddaughter. Please help, I want to try to get my things back!
More Farmers Insurance Complaints & Reviews
- Farmers Insurance - Bad Customer Service 
- Farmers Insurance - Lake of help from my DM Thomas Mundell 
- Farmers Insurance - Auto insurance 
- Farmers Insurance - Unauthorized billing 
- Farmers Insurance - No responsibility 
- Farmers Insurance Group - fraud
- Farmers Insurance Group - rental car agreement
- Farmers Insurance Group - claims dept/insurance fail
- Farmers Insurance Group - treatment during the claims process