Family Dollar / proctor silex durable can opener

Gowanda, New YorkGowanda, US Review updated:

On 11/24/2017 I purchased the above product for a church function. We were making Thanksgiving meals for the elderly and shutins. We needed a reliable can opener to open cans for this event. Shortly after using it it started to smoke and catch on fire. I had already thrown the box out anticipating that the purchase I made was reliable. After the Proctor Silex Durable can opener started to smoke, i stopped, unplugged it . I cleaned off the can opener and retrieved the box out of the garbage. I cleaned the box, put the smoke damaged Proctor Silex Durable can opener in the box and drove to Family Dollar in Gowanda where I purchased the can opener with the receipt. I asked for my money back and the Manager would not give me money back but only a replacement. There should have been no questions asked once i returned the product with the receipt to the store. The manger did not believe me and plugged the Proctor Silex Durable can opener in when it started to smoke.The manager did not take the time to explain why he would not refund my money, he did not take time to explain return policy, I the customer was treated very unfairly and should have received my refund without any problem. The manger on duty on 11/24/2017 @ 10:07am at Family Dollar in Gowanda lacks training on how to treat people, does not explain his actions and is a poor communicator. He should not hold the position of manager. I would like my cash back, and able to return this Proctor Silex Durable Can Opener as I do Not trust this product any longer. A gift card for ALL my inconvience would also be appreciated. To treat a regular customer this way shows me you do not want my buisness.

Gi
Nov 24, 2017

Comments

• Po
      Nov 24, 2017

I agree that you should receive a refund and an apology, but you are not entitled to a gift card. I would recommend either calling the store or contacting the corporate customer service. I would not want to keep the replacement either.