Family Dollar / proctor silex durable can opener
On 11/24/2017 I purchased the above product for a church function. We were making Thanksgiving meals for the elderly and shutins. We needed a reliable can opener to open cans for this event. Shortly after using it it started to smoke and catch on fire. I had already thrown the box out anticipating that the purchase I made was reliable. After the Proctor Silex Durable can opener started to smoke, i stopped, unplugged it . I cleaned off the can opener and retrieved the box out of the garbage. I cleaned the box, put the smoke damaged Proctor Silex Durable can opener in the box and drove to Family Dollar in Gowanda where I purchased the can opener with the receipt. I asked for my money back and the Manager would not give me money back but only a replacement. There should have been no questions asked once i returned the product with the receipt to the store. The manger did not believe me and plugged the Proctor Silex Durable can opener in when it started to smoke.The manager did not take the time to explain why he would not refund my money, he did not take time to explain return policy, I the customer was treated very unfairly and should have received my refund without any problem. The manger on duty on 11/24/2017 @ 10:07am at Family Dollar in Gowanda lacks training on how to treat people, does not explain his actions and is a poor communicator. He should not hold the position of manager. I would like my cash back, and able to return this Proctor Silex Durable Can Opener as I do Not trust this product any longer. A gift card for ALL my inconvience would also be appreciated. To treat a regular customer this way shows me you do not want my buisness.
More Family Dollar Complaints & Reviews
- Family Dollar - stupid return policies 
- Family Dollar - terrible place to work in 
- Family Dollar - employment 
- Family Dollar - racism/discrimination 
- Family Dollar Stores - terrible experience 
- Family Dollar Stores - the family dollar store #08437 in bloomfield ct has often not been open per the hours noted by the store.
- Family Dollar Stores - customer service/cashier 
- Family Dollar - horrible management 
- Family Dollar Stores - general manager's customer service
- Family Dollar Stores - customer care