Fairpoint comunications / Fios/bundle errors

United States, New Hampshire, Derry Review updated:
1st Verizon wired my area for FIOS and no longer sold DSL in the area. I was required to purchase FOIS at the higher cost if I wanted Verizon. Fios required rewiring your home for fiber optic. I did so and bundled phone and direct TV for 99.99 per month plus taxes. Fois includes either MSN premium or Yahoo Premium w/ free virus and spyware.

Fairpoint takes over. They do not honor the bundle. After multiple requests they fix for 1 year of my 2 contract. Great I get to call again in a year. Internet upload speeds very low (speed test.com). Service spotty and slow.

Fairpoint moves to thier own system. Msn emails and contact list do not transition. did get Verizion email transition. I did not use this due to low quality filters and now have box full of spam. After being told by fairpoint I would have free access to fairpoints virus and spyware programs but would lose MSN I find out they want to chg 4.99 per month additional for use of these services.

17.99 DSL rqst ends up costing 53.99 for FIOS. no email. Now want additional 4.99 to equal the items I originally had in my contract. Billing only fixed for 1 year. Took me 3 hours to get this done.

Fairpoint is in breech of contract with all FIOS customers. Stay away. Once your rewired your screwed.

N  8th of Feb, 2009 by
forgot to add. pop up blocker on. guess what... have pop ups for the 1st time in 4 years. Who from... Fiarpoint
A  11th of Aug, 2010 by
Well the Fairpoint Bundle is just another duplicitous trick. I signed up for the bundle and got the 56.99 after they sent me a very large bill & had to adjust it!! It was adjusted and i thought i was all set. Ha Ha on me. I get my bill this month and it is back up to $72.00!!! That is because in their hoaxie bundle, call waiting, caller id etc are not included therefore you CANNOT have the 56.99 bundle. Where is the truth in advertising???? They tried to sell me the dish network I asked if he was nuts. I wasn't falling for that one. They are on very shaky ground to begin with why make customers even angrier?? I can only hope they go under and Verizon comes back. I am seriously considering only my cell phone and internet but they would probably charge me $500 for that service.

FairPoint Communications Logo FairPoint Communications