Facebook

Posted:

someone has made a false account using my name

4.15
California
I was browsing the internet and found when typing my name on the google website there was a face book account with the exact spelling of my name. I wondered is this a terrible thing and of course it would be simply because (1) someone else is making or using my name (2) If it is a facebook account there could be some serious information that is being exposed about me that is not true (3) Whatever is being written in this account could cause me to lose my job or not be able to obtain a new job. So I ask and am very concerned how does one stop the false accounts being made and destroying privacy and embarrassment.
Complaint comments Comments (11)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Online Scams

Comments

D  23rd of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes
LOL! Have they used your photo? Used your city and state? Pretending they went to the same school and work where you work? FB is international, so no matter how unique you may think your name is, chances are someone out there has the same name! So, unless they are actually pretending to be YOU, you shouldn't worry.
N  23rd of Jun, 2010 by    +1 Votes
I find the site admins at My3cents to be quite annoying in the deleting of comments that do not violate the TOS.
N  23rd of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes
This is probably top 5 of the stupidest things I have ever read...

No, top 3, actually. I am usually quiet cordial, and polite with my posts on here, but you are stupid if you are concerned that someone else has the same name as you. Unless your name is like Ping-Pong-King-Kong-Ding-Dong, then I think Name originality was thrown out the window long before you graced the earth with your presence. Especially with the last name Murphy.
S L could only be so many conjuctions of things.
N  24th of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes
You might want to check a phone book and see if someone is using your name with multiple address.
N  30th of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes
I am in a similar situation and I find these haughty comments about how "asanine it is to think two people might not have the same name" terribly misguided.

In my situation I know who the person is (although I have never actually met them before) who is doing it and I am unable to stop them. I work with an exboyfriend from years ago, and apparently he recently broke up with a girl who is doing all this to get back at him. She was under the impression he and I were "cheating' behind her back (not true) so she apprently has taken it upon herself to do this.

I cannot file a restraining order (in my state) because I am not the person who had a relationship with her. I have encouraged him to do so as well but I cannot strongarm into it.

This is NOT someone who just has "the same name as I do."

They have taken pictures off of my (Private) facebook page and created a fake account (under my name) where they are using my pictures and posing as me. They are writing inflamatory, untrue comments about my personal life and also trying to get as many people on my friends list to accept their FAKE friend request.

this person has tried to contact people at my place of employment, family members, etc. I and dozens of other people have tried to report the profile and Facebook refuses to take it down.
N  8th of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes
my husband has been accusing me of creating a secret account using my name when i was a kid but the thing is i'm not really that person, .it could be somebody with the same name, .its a private profile and i dont have any idea who she was or maybe just fooling around and just using my name to destroy my family..I really dont know what to do, ..HELP ME PLS...
D  9th of Feb, 2011 by    -1 Votes
their is probly a billion people out their with the same name as you idiot
A  17th of Jun, 2011 by    -1 Votes
OMG what a catotrophic coincidence. Have you thought about changing your last name to Smith, you'll be assured of a lot of anonymoty. If that's too cost prohibitive, consider adopting the other picture if you're uglier than the other Murphy. Hey and this also validates Murphy's law, too!
N  18th of Nov, 2012 by    0 Votes
good day! somebody using my name and pics in facebook.. how to stop it...need to stop it as soon as possible.. thank you very much
N  18th of Nov, 2012 by    0 Votes
good day! somebody using my name and photo and make a fake facebook account . i need to stop it as soon as possible. they trying to mess up my life..hope can hear from you soon. thank you very much
N  6th of Aug, 2014 by    0 Votes
Hello someone created a face book using my name & pictures its ruin my life already all my friend is expecting it's me the one using it but I'm not. Please help me to delete that account thank you.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree