Extreme Acai Berry / Unauthorized credit card billing, scam

215 Foster St Apt 4River Falls, WI, United States Review updated:
I ordered a "free sample" of Acai Berry Diet from their website. I was billed $29.95 before the sample even arrived! I called the number given by the website, to cancel the autoship that the $29.95 was supposed to be initiating. After half a dozen phone calls in which I could not reach a live person, I finally did manage to speak with someone who agreed to refund my $29.95 and stop the autoship order. The $29.95 was returned, credited to my bank account, but two days later it was debited $89.31! I called the number given to me by the first person I spoke with, when I canceled my order, but all I got was a recording. I then called the original number, the same one on the Acai Berry supplements bottle, and was told I would receive a refund for the payment in 14 days. It has been 14 days, and I'm still waiting for my refund. Oh, as an added bonus, that $89 caused an overdraft in my account, for which I must now pay as well!

Do NOT fall for this scam, it's just another pyramid scam, looking for chumps to take advantage of! There should be a law against this kind of crap.
Ds

Comments

Va
  4th of Sep, 2008

Extreme Acai Berries - Beware
Extreme Acai Berries

I am posting the web address that i was ripped off from. Same story as the others. Unauthorized charges to my account. Beware of this website!

**also the so called phone # that you can never get anyone to answer the phone but here it is anyway

For your convenience, charges will appear on your credit card statement as "Online Health 801-208-7485".

If you have questions please call our customer service number, 1-801-208-7485.

***NOTE*** This is also a lie it was under the charge of "CELEBRITYFITONLINE".
Sh
  15th of Sep, 2008
I too was charge without giving them premission and can't get anyone on the phone to give me answer. I thought this was back by Oprah. What a rip off and I'm out $89.31
Ke
  16th of Sep, 2008
I was also ripped off!!! So much for Oprah! Never again!
Be
  21st of Sep, 2008
Yeah! I agree! We got our Credit Card Statement & was charged $89.31 without our authorization. My husband is furious. I'll report it to the Iowa Attorney General's Office.
He
  28th of Sep, 2008
This is America?
Ac
  8th of Nov, 2008
The acai berry diet pills is getting hundreds of complaints, check acai-scam.com for even more complaints from pissedconsumer.com and /link removed/
Ka
  25th of Nov, 2008
My letter to the Better Business Bureau:
I ordered a free trial of acai berry. My credit card was billed $4.99 to Advanced Wellness, Miami Beach, Florida on November 12, 2009. The agreement was that after you received your product you had 14 days to cancel or they would bill your credit card $90.00 every month and send you more of the product. I never received a confirmation email with the appropriate information, nor did I receive the product. Worried they might charge my credit card for not canceling before 14 days I tried to track them down online. None of the numbers they provided worked. I called and no one would answer, or else there would be a message saying the number had been disconnected. Some of the numbers they provided include: 877-361-8604, 877-317-0189, 801-208-7490, 877-350-8480, and the number for their customer service that didn't have an answer was 801-208-7487. Upon further research I found out that they are advertising different forms of the acai berry (and some other products) at different websites, yet they are all connected to the same place. Reading about others past experiences they don't ship the product to you until after 14 days so that you aren't given the opportunity to cancel, and then automatically bill you the $90.00 charges saying you agreed to it once you ordered the product. Your credit card information is also shared with two other businesses called pricelimbo and fitfactory who also start charging your credit card. They also make it virtually impossible to get a hold of anyone to cancel. This is absolute fraud, false advertising, and extremely unethical. I am furious. Since I can not get a hold of anyone to cancel my order I contacted my bank to close my account. From reading other's experiences it sounds like that is the only way of canceling this product. Since I was able to cancel my account before the $90.00 charge was posted my bank said I can't go through their fraud department, however, I can dispute it through their banking center at my local branch. I will also be contacting the State Attorney General. It you google 'Acai Berry scam complaints' you will read hundreds of the same story. Please follow through with this, so many people are getting ripped off. Thank you, Katie
Nl
  5th of Feb, 2009
A response to the marketing statement above from the company:

Funny that when someone orders your product there is NO confirmation, NO email, NO tracking/shipping information, NO follow-up communication or ANYTHING to guide the consumer in their purchase BEFORE you ship them the product and start charging them. REAL, REPUTABLE companies do this. But you guys blatantly take the consumer's information and carefully wait until the shipping period has passed to deliver your CRAP product just in time to charge the credit card.

You will be gone soon enough - credit card companies, the FTC and Better Business Bureau are all receiving compaints. It is just a matter of time.
Ma
  29th of Oct, 2009
Lol 265 Days ago, adn these poeple are still doing their Acai Extreme scam.