Expedia / failure to refund

InternetI, United States Review updated:
2.5
I purchased an airline ticket online through Expedia.com. The airline made several changes to flights that I could not accomodate so Expedia told me that I could get a refund for the ticket. I made my original call to request the refund on August 4, 2008 and at that time I was told it would take a "Billing cycle or two to receive the refund.

After more than a month I contacted Expedia since I had not received the refund. At that time I was told it wuld take two to three billing cycles to receive the refund. As of today, October 30, 2008 I still have not received the refund. I called today and was told it would be three to four billing cycles to receive the refund.

This is completely unacceptable to take three or more months to receive an electronic refund. I discourage everyone from using Expedia.com to purchase tickets.
Ad

Comments

Ge
  5th of Nov, 2008
I had a similar problem that I am still trying to resolve with Expedia. I cancelled my refundable flights July 5th and I am now on hold with Expedia (four supervisors later) and have been for 78 minutes. I was originally tol everything was being processed and that I should expect a refund in 2-3 billing cycles. the latest is that they never processed the refund because "they have been very busy in the refunds department and did not get to it until October 15th and now expect me to wait another 2-3 billing cycles. I strongly recommend avoiding Expedia. I will never book through them again.
Ty
  10th of Nov, 2008
It's a huge hassle dealing with expedia. I've been waiting almost 2 months now for a refund of $2300 of which Im getting charged interest on. I'm going to call my credit card company, this is stupid.

Expedia Logo Expedia