Expedia / deceptive and misleading business practice due to charging more than the advertised and agreed price for a rental car.

1 Fort Lauderdale, FloridaFt. Lauderdale, FL, United States

Economy Rent a Car
111 SW 33rd St
Fort Lauderdale FL [protected]

Complaint Description:
Deceptive and misleading business practices due to charging more than the advertised and agreed rental rate for a rental car. I made an on line car reservation through Expedia for a compact car at Ft. Lauderdale airport to be used November 29th through December 4th. Reservation Number: [protected] The advertised and quoted price was $57.38 which, according to the contract was the amount due at pickup. When I arrived to pick up the car I was told there was an additional "mandatory Insurance fee" that was not mentioned when I made the reservation. There were no other options available at this location so I had no other choice but to pay the extra $45.82, thereby almost doubling the cost of the car. I feel that adding this mystery "mandatory insurance fee" amounts to a deceptive and misleading business practice and the company should be required to refund the extra amount charged.

Your Desired Resolution: