Expedia / deceptive and misleading business practice due to charging more than the advertised and agreed price for a rental car.
Filed by :
6770 Sun River Rd
Boynton BeachBoynton Beac FL 33437
Filed against :
Economy Rent a Car
111 SW 33rd St
Fort Lauderdale FL [protected]
Deceptive and misleading business practices due to charging more than the advertised and agreed rental rate for a rental car. I made an on line car reservation through Expedia for a compact car at Ft. Lauderdale airport to be used November 29th through December 4th. Reservation Number: [protected] The advertised and quoted price was $57.38 which, according to the contract was the amount due at pickup. When I arrived to pick up the car I was told there was an additional "mandatory Insurance fee" that was not mentioned when I made the reservation. There were no other options available at this location so I had no other choice but to pay the extra $45.82, thereby almost doubling the cost of the car. I feel that adding this mystery "mandatory insurance fee" amounts to a deceptive and misleading business practice and the company should be required to refund the extra amount charged.
Your Desired Resolution:
Refund of $45.82
More Expedia Complaints & Reviews
- Expedia - worst of all, very rude customer service people! 
- Expedia - non refundable 
- Ebookers - avoid! avoid! avoid!!! 
- Expedia / Vacation Waiver - beware & expedia vacation waiver& 
- Expedia - best price guarantee scam 
- Expedia - star rating on Expedia for these hotels were great however when i arrived i was very disappointed ! !
- Expedia - air ticket
- Expedia - mobile service - incorrect booking text message
- Expedia - carnival magic
- Expedia - air serbia