Expedia / put on hold for over 2 hrs

Canada Review updated:
I booked a flight and everything was confirmed then I get an email to call [protected], I did this yesterday, waited on hold for an hr then had to leave. Today have been on hold for OVER 2 AND 1/2 hrs.

It is crazy ,my neck is sore and that music is enough to drive a person crazy. When you ask that I call re a flight change have some why do I need to wait for hrs. Waiting is one thing but over up to 3 hrs is not right.

Darlene

Comments

Lu
  18th of Nov, 2007
Dear All,

I have been on hold for over 10 hours, and I'm still ticket less and out almost 600 bucks.

It all started with an email, telling me that my flight had changed. I thought it must be pretty significant, if I need to call in person.

Well, it took 4 hours on hold to find out it hadn't changed from EXACTLY what I could see in front of me in my account! BUT, since I'd had a couple weeks to think about possible changes (it took that long to finally get through, because it's not every day that I have FOUR HOURS to kill), I had the audacity to ask if *I* could change the flight. Not without paying a $107 fee, I was told. At that point, I asked for a refund. Well, of course I got a travel voucher which could only be used BY CALLING THEM AND BOOKING. 4 hours is now over 10 hours. My latest call, I was close to booking the ticket, finally, but they said there was some glitch with calculating the $107 service fee and that they needed time to fix it. Rather than keep me on hold (haha), they said they would call me back when it was confirmed. Oh, they took my $107 no problem, but just couldn't confirm that I actually had a flight.

They never called back.

Here I sit. I'm out $567. I have no flight. I just received an email informing me that I was sent a confirmation for my flight. I did get a confirmation just a few minutes ago--for a flight that's ALREADY PASSED!

Now what? I honestly have post-traumatic stress from the music they play when on hold. I used to love the Brandenburg Concerto... I'm serious, though. What on Earth do I do??? I can't afford more time on hold! I want my money back, or at least the flight I booked months ago! Had I never received that useless email, I wouldn't be in this position right now.

HELP!