Expedia / overcharged for room
In 2/08, I booked a trip to Arizona, stayed at a hotel for 7 days. I was promised the lowest and best rate available with no refund. I was billed for $105.00 per night and hotel was not very nice, but I didn't really care about that. I checked with the desk clerk to see if my room was prepaid and was told it was for $634.00 and I would not owe anything on checkout. That comes to $89.00 per night. I was told they don't have rooms for $105 a night and the $89 is the regular rate, even during Super Bowl week.
I emailed Expedia about this, return email told me the hotel was not authorized to tell me rooms were $89 and they would not refund the difference. The $89 rate was for the general public and not for me, I think I am part of the general public.
Expedia's answer didn't make any sense and I hope there is a lawyer somewhere who is exploring a possible civil suit against the company.
More Expedia Complaints & Reviews
- Expedia - worst of all, very rude customer service people! 
- Expedia - non refundable 
- Ebookers - avoid! avoid! avoid!!! 
- Expedia / Vacation Waiver - beware & expedia vacation waiver& 
- Expedia - best price guarantee scam 
- Expedia - flight billing and refunds - itin: 7322336506375 - case id : [req:s#46195199]
- Expedia India (P) Ltd - non refund
- Expedia - unauthorized fee to cancel reservation
- Expedia - booking a flight from tpe to kmt
- Expedia - wrong information provided