Expedia / airline service

Sacramento, CA, US Review updated:

I booked a flight from Sacramento to Chicago for a work trip. I recently resigned form my company and am now no longer eligible to attend the work conference. As a result I had to cancel my flight. American Airline will provide me a $397 credit but will charge me $200 for a reissue fee. So basically I am only getting $100 back. United will not refund me at all, which I find ridiculous. I paid for the cancellation insurance and am not even able to use it. I am extremely frustrated because I basically wasted money. Out of my almost $500 spent I am getting 1/5 of it back. I enjoy using Expedia however after this incident I am reluctant to use this service again. I would like to see this rectified. I am a single mother trying to survive and it is things like this that make the world a little less enjoyable.

extremely frustrated,
Patrice
[protected]

Pa
Nov 14, 2017

Comments

• Ow
      Nov 22, 2017

I understand. Expedia does NOT like to refund, and their "cancellation" insurance is a complete scam. They get your insurance money, and then tell you their reservations are all nonrefundable. I am currently doing battle with them myself.