Expedia / dont ever use expedia ever!

32nd St32nd St, AZ, United States
2.5

On Feb 22nd I booked a 2 day stay at a local travel lodge through Expedia over the phone. I was taking my dog with me and wanted a speedy result. The booking agent was very helpful and nice and gave me quick accommodations at a cost of () per day. I went to the hotel and checked in. When I got to my room, it was horrible. I t had cockroaches, tv didnt work, had no towels, toilet paper or even water cups. Now their website says in room coffee, but when I called teh front desk was told no coffee forget it. I informed the manager that night I would be checking out 1st thing the next morning and NOT to charge me for the 2nd day since it was deplorable there, and he said fine. I called Expedia and talked to them and was told if I checked out before 11 am in the morning I would only be charged for 1 day. I checked my statement online and found I was charged for both days. When I called Expedia, the girl (anne) said she called the hotel and they were charging me for both days anyway so she wouldn't refund. She did however, offer me an 80 dollar certificate to stay at the SAME COCKROACH HOTEL! She said I didnt have a recourse, they had my cc info and could charge what they wanted! She also refused to get me a manager to speak with. I ended up calling the bank and filing a dispute about the charge and was told they get disputes from Expedia all the time because they pull this stuff alot! Dont EVER use Expedia EVER!
Pe