Europcar / stealing off credit card
spent 2 months in Italy last year from August to October 2008. While we were there we rented a car. The Place we rented from was Europcar at the Termini location in Rome.
As with any car rental you must produce your credit card even if you are paying cash for the vehicle.
Upon each vehicle return we paid in cash and were assured nothing would appear on the credit card. The CC company is TD Visa in Canada. We returned home in October and in began to receive all kinds of charges to the card from the car rental company Europcar at Termini location in Rome. Each month other than one we have incurred charges from over 1000 dollars to a bottom of 59 daollars. Non of these charges are valid and have been made up! however the dispute resolution process with TD Visa is to no avail. If the billing occurs and you do not have proof then you are charged, the fraud dept with Visa will not interfere because you have authorized use of the card even if your authorization was to be believed to simply hold the funds incase. Once you sign for a vehicle rental the contract is open ended and they can charge your account for years after you have left the country. It has been 7 months since our visit and we are incurring new charges dated for the time we were there and each charge is a new charge. Case in point to alert anyone with common sense. The most recent charge is for extra milage etc. Why was that not incurred upon return of the vehicle when inspected and accepted by the rental compay? Beware...Do not deal with auto Europcar in Rome Italy! And make sure you have recourse with your credit card company in case something like this should arise. In my experience and opinion Do not use TD Vise as your credit card company as you will not have fair recourse.
More Europcar Complaints & Reviews
- Europcar - fraud and cheating! 
- Europcar - europcar "serenity pack" scam 
- Europcar - worthless insurance cdw
- Europcar Spain - overcharging - swindle! 
- Europcar - damage surcharge 
- Europcar International - car hire dublin airport - baby car seats
- Europcar International - 5 waiting hours to deliver car reservation on time
- Europcar International - rental car
- Europcar International - not full tank!
- Europcar International - lack of damage report and repair estimate