ETourandTravel / Horrible experience got nothing

A few months ago I received a phone call from a lady offering a 6 night vacation with rental car, 3 star major hotel hotel, free tickets to Universal, as a few were left over for $149. Well the only requirement was that I had to listen to a company's presentation for 90 minutes. It sounded ok so I accepted the offer. We went this last weekend. The hotel was a run-down Ramada in Orlando that was nasty. Our presentation was over 180 minutes long (we could not get away with out walking out) and we received no attraction tickets or discounts of any kind. When I questioned this the website further explained (referred to website) that the free tickets are for Star Passes and they are not free but discounted for a large sum and only in addition to entry tickets at your expense to Universal. What a racket - say one thing, give another playing on words. We left one day early to get out of the hotel and went home. It is sad. Yes you get to go to Orlando but oh, get this, if I go to Daytona (the second part of the 6 day "vacation") I have to listen to another presentation - a 2nd one not mentioned. Basically you get nothing and they take your time. I have, in a sense prepaid for the hotel (they advertised $39.99 night and book 3 nights get 3rd night free.) Terrible experience.

Comments

• Br
      16th of Apr, 2007

Sub: False advertising

Was not told income was required to get tickets for a trip, came all the way from Chicago... false advertising that cost me lots of money.

• Ro
      16th of Oct, 2007

I paid $99 to eTour and Travel for 3 nights in Orlando and 3 nights in Key West. I could get additional nights in Key West for $13 on availability. I made calls on Aug 21-Aug28-Sept 5-Sept 17 for reservations in Key West and was told there would be inventory coming keep calling. I called on Oct 16th and was told by Erin that Key West was not available. At the time I agreed to the program I stated I was only interested in the program because of Key West. My account number is 1158918. I would like the $99 credited back to my credit card. I do not want Daytona in place of Key West, that is not an option.

RobertMiles.

• Ph
      8th of Feb, 2009

A positive comment:

I had purchased the travel package from E-Tour & Travel and after reading all of the negative complaints had decided not to follow through on this package and allowed it to expire. I received numerous phone calls from them and explained that I did not care to "gamble" on their vacation package. The phone calls continued until I wrote a letter of explanation to Mr. Lance Croft explaining why I had allowed my package to lapse.

Within a week I received a phone call from Mr. Croft explaining that the number of dissatisfied customers in comparison to the number of satisfied customers was relatively small. The package that they are selling is a travel package that is loosing them money. The only way they benefit from this package is by selling the time shares . So this is a promotional deal that comes with a very small price tag if you are willing to listen to time-share sales promotion.

I explained that I did not want to take advantage of this promotion since I was uncomfortable about coming that distance not knowing what I might be experiencing.

He immediately offered no resistance and I was told that I would be receiving a refund check for the amount I had paid to them. Within a week, I received the refund check. Therefore I would say that I was dealt with in a very fair and satisfactory way. Promotional packages are a way of companies encouraging you to try their products. They are usually offered at a unbelievably low rate that intrigues everyone to want to take advantage of the offer. It is like getting "something for nothing". There is an old saying that "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is". I am not saying one way or the other that this promotion is a "rip-off" because I did not follow through on the promotion. But I will support E-Tour and Travel on keeping their word on giving me a refund. Mr. Croft was very understanding and in explaining their side of the story, I would have to say, that he was totally honest in telling me that they loose money on every package they sell at the price they are selling it at. So you cannot expect luxurious accomodations and amenities when you are paying bottom dollar. You get what you pay for.

Pauline Matz

• Ra
      11th of Feb, 2009

Pauline your one of the representatives that called me they must have had you write this mess for the ur a liar your on theyer side and you know it