Etihad Airways / expensive items stoled from luggage

1 Toronto, Ontario, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 1-647-891-2172

I traveled from Karachi to Toronto via Abu Dhabi, and during my travel valuables were stolen from my luggage and my bag was damaged. The stolen goods were very precious to me. I am missing two expensive watches one of which was a gift from my late husband, two 2 gram gold coins and some traditional gold jewelry. surprisingly empty boxes are kept as in the bag while the valuables are taken.The packing of my other gift items was opened but because there was no jewelery in the boxes, the gifts were put back.

My Name is :- Zaitoon Badruddin

My Eticket no:- ETKT [protected] & ETKT [protected]

My Luggage nos :- EY 914315 and EY 914316

If I don't get the compensation of the loss I occurred during my travel I will never travel from Etihad again.

Za

Comments

• Ap
      6th of Aug, 2009

That sure sucks. Couldn't you take the expensive stuff in your carry on instead of checking it?

• 98
      24th of Sep, 2009

Contact Airport management in Karachi Int. Airport, Abu Dhabi Int. Airport and Toronto Int. Airport.
    The Airline does not have to do anything with the lost items, I have relatives who have gone through the same problem. Most airport personnel and airport baggage handling personel are the two who are in charge of the passenger's baggages.