[Resolved] Etihad Airways / money charged for name change
I have been asked to pay 6833 rupees for name error. It was technical fault in your website. I have attached the name that was shown in the ticket I booked, my passport as well as the money charged from me. The online ticket that I have been received showes the name madhuri jaypal nainani. However, while checkin the name showed was Jaypal Nainani/Madhuri for which I have been charged for. Kindly refund my money as it was not my fault and technical error from your end
After lot of time waiting, they told me they willl not let me fly if I dont pay 6833 and I had to pay that
In the website, it is not mentioned to write the middle name in family name or full name
In the website when I checkin, it showed madhuri jaypal nainani. While in ticket, it showed jaypal nainani/ madhuri which was fault from their end
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
Etihad Airways Customer Care's Response, Jun 07, 2018
Hello Madhuri, the website clearly asks for first name(s) and last name. The middle name belongs to the first names.
You can see it also on the picture shown.
Therefore, when the names from the passport don't match the booking a name correction fee needs to be paid. *Isi
More Etihad Airways Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Etihad Airways - booking cancelled not refunded 
- [Resolved] Etihad Airlines - double charging! 
- Etihad Airways - non vegetarian meal served against vegetarian meal 
- [Resolved] Etihad Airways - poor service during flight diversion 
- Etihad Airlines - flight cancellation 
- [Resolved] Etihad Airways - unethical behaviour by staff
- Etihad Airways - service deficiency 
- Etihad Airways - missing baggage
- [Resolved] Etihad Airways - missing baggage
- [Resolved] Etihad Airways - unable to redeem miles