[Resolved] Etihad Airways / misleading luggage information. had to pay $1,000 while check in

1 Australia Review updated:

I am really disappointed by the customer service & how the company handle complaints. The story that I have booked a flight to Sydney, rang the customer service centre to enquire about the luggage & was told that luggage allowance is 2pc x 23kg each. I requested a confirmation & she told me "sir, the call is recorded & i confirm that luggage is 2 x 23kg". Went to the airport & was surprised that i had to pay around $1, 000 for extra bag, as the clerk on the counter said that the allowance is only 1 x30kg. Rang the customer service center & give them the initial call details; date, time, clerk name.. etc. then they heared the recorded call & the supervisor rang to confirm that their clerk did a mistake by passing the wrong information. Then she promised that she will see what she can do and will come back to me. Nothing happened for 3 weeks, so i had to ring them numerous times & every time i had to explain the whole story again.
Regretfully saying that this is the 2nd time, as last year the same story happened which the clerk passed on wrong information & i had to pay at the airport, but unfortunately i didn't record the call details. So this time i recorded the call details as a reference, but nothing happened.
I used to always travel with #Etihad_airways but not sure what happened to their management level.
I won't recommend this airline as they don't seem to be professional, neither in passing on the information nor in complaints management.

• Resolution statement

• Etihad Airways Customer Care's Response, Mar 10, 2018

Hi Minha. Please send us your booking reference and this feedback on one of our social media channels (Facebook or Twitter), and we will check with our Call Center if there is currently an investigation open regarding this issue. Thanks. *Sky

Mi
Mar 9, 2018

Comments

• La
      11th of Mar, 2018

Hi, I have submitted a the information through email, a week ago, as I had travelled in Etihad airways on Mar 1st, from Bangalore to Chicago via Abu Dhabi. I have mishandled baggage, my Samsung galaxy tab was broken, and my specific cooking oil got spilt - clothes and suit case were damaged with oil! I have asked them to put fragile tag while checking the luggage in, but no one had done this! I am awaiting a reply from a week after attaching all the required documents. I now have the return flights on 15th. Not sure how this case is being handled, waiting for so long.

• La
      11th of Mar, 2018

@Lakshmi Gayatri My Booking reference is PL9FR2

• Et
      14th of Mar, 2018

@Lakshmi Gayatri Hi Lakshmi, can you please send us your Case number that you have received from sending us the email? Or please send us your email address in a private message on one of our social media channels (Twitter, Facebook.) Thank you. *Marc