[Resolved] Etihad Airways / misleading luggage information. had to pay $1,000 while check in
I am really disappointed by the customer service & how the company handle complaints. The story that I have booked a flight to Sydney, rang the customer service centre to enquire about the luggage & was told that luggage allowance is 2pc x 23kg each. I requested a confirmation & she told me "sir, the call is recorded & i confirm that luggage is 2 x 23kg". Went to the airport & was surprised that i had to pay around $1, 000 for extra bag, as the clerk on the counter said that the allowance is only 1 x30kg. Rang the customer service center & give them the initial call details; date, time, clerk name.. etc. then they heared the recorded call & the supervisor rang to confirm that their clerk did a mistake by passing the wrong information. Then she promised that she will see what she can do and will come back to me. Nothing happened for 3 weeks, so i had to ring them numerous times & every time i had to explain the whole story again.
Regretfully saying that this is the 2nd time, as last year the same story happened which the clerk passed on wrong information & i had to pay at the airport, but unfortunately i didn't record the call details. So this time i recorded the call details as a reference, but nothing happened.
I used to always travel with #Etihad_airways but not sure what happened to their management level.
I won't recommend this airline as they don't seem to be professional, neither in passing on the information nor in complaints management.
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
Etihad Airways Customer Care's Response, Mar 10, 2018
Hi Minha. Please send us your booking reference and this feedback on one of our social media channels (Facebook or Twitter), and we will check with our Call Center if there is currently an investigation open regarding this issue. Thanks. *Sky
More Etihad Airways Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Etihad Airways - booking cancelled not refunded 
- [Resolved] Etihad Airlines - double charging! 
- Etihad Airways - non vegetarian meal served against vegetarian meal 
- Etihad Airlines - flight cancellation 
- [Resolved] Etihad Airways - poor service during flight diversion 
- Etihad Airways - triple charge during online check-in and seat reservation
- Etihad Airways - they offering me a job, most of the people say that this is the fake company please u should take action
- Etihad Airways - lost baggage
- Etihad Airways - inappropriate behaviour
- Etihad Airways - hand luggage and baggage