Etihad Airways / double payment
During the first week of March, we at the office made a booking for a return ticket at Etihad Airways for the Managing Director of the company.
We received a quote for the return ticket, stating that the total cost would be just over R5000.00. I proceeded to do the payment with the business credit card.
Two days later, our Managing Director was contacted by the Fraud Department at the bank. They informed her that a payment of over R12000.00 had gone through to Etihad Airways.
I immediately contacted the Airline again, and confirmed the total cost of the ticket with them (again I was told that it was only supposed to be just a bit more than R5000.00).
However, the consultant could not resolve the query over how it had happened, then, that a double payment had apparently been taken.
Over the next week or two, my colleague and I have been incessantly trying to contact Etihad airways. However, no-one has been of any assistance to us.
On the last occasion, I was given an e-mail address to which I could send an enquiry, and was assured that the matter would be looked into. The consultant even acknowledged receipt of my e-mail before he forwarded it to the relevant authorities.
In the meantime I have re-sent the e-mail numerous times, each time the message turned out to be "undeliverable".
I am really at my wits' end at the moment.
More Etihad Airways Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Etihad Airways - booking cancelled not refunded 
- [Resolved] Etihad Airlines - double charging! 
- Etihad Airways - non vegetarian meal served against vegetarian meal 
- Etihad Airlines - flight cancellation 
- [Resolved] Etihad Airways - poor service during flight diversion 
- [Resolved] Etihad Airways - unethical behaviour by staff
- Etihad Airways - service deficiency 
- Etihad Airways - missing baggage
- [Resolved] Etihad Airways - missing baggage
- [Resolved] Etihad Airways - unable to redeem miles