Etihad Airlines / transit visa

1 London, England, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom Review updated:

Hi

I'm on a South African passport and had arranged a short stopover (less than 24 hours) in Abu Dhabi on my way from London to Australia.

I spent the last 2 weeks chasing various people in Etihad Airlines (both in London and Abu Dhabi) and nobody was able to help me. I got passed on from one person to the next and eventually I was told that Abu Dhabi no longer offer this visa as its too much administration.

I went to the UAE embassy and enquired 2 weeks ago, and they were also very surprised that the airline would not offer this.

I was then asked to contact hotels to arrange this, and I contacted the 4 biggest hotel chains that I knew but they advised that they donot arrange this visa for short visas, and the airline should arrange this.

I then got referred to the website : www.moieserv.ae to get an e-visa, but again I was told that the airline organises transit visas, not the department of naturalisation.

As a last resort, I tried to book the transit hotel, but this was fully booked.

I also tried to get my flight changed or cancelled and Etihad wouldnot allow this under any circumstances and I would have lost the price of my entire ticket. I have also lodged a compliant on the Etihad website but have received no response in the last 2 weeks.

I am now flying on Friday, and I'm going to be stuck at the airport for a whole day and night with nowhere to sleep or anything. I am most disappointed with my experience with Etihad Airlines and I would never fly with them again.

Comments

• Vd
      28th of Jun, 2015

I agree fully with you. One cannot get a response out of Etihad Airways. It is like poeping agains donderweer.

• Et
      2nd of Jul, 2015

Dear Guest,

Sorry for the late response. Please be advised that you can apply a transit visa through the link here: https://www.ttsuaevisas.com/.

Thank you. *JS