Enterprise Rent A Car / poor service and substandard products

Enterprise Rent A Car
To whom it may concern,
My wife and I have had the worst experience with your company. I was involved in an accident with my personal vehicle on wednesday, july 15th. My vehicle was rear ended at a stop light. No injuries were sustained during the accident; however both vehicles require extensive body work. I decided to use the insurance company of the individual who hit me for the claim. His insurance company is geico. Geico made a reservation at the enterprise branch located at: 1651 crofton blvd. Suite 13 crofton, md 21114. We decided to pick up the vehicle on monday, july 20th, since we would not need it during the weekend. We arrived at the branch office at 8:00 am to pick up my reserved vehicle. My personal vehicle is a 2006 nissan frontier. Geico only reserved a two door, no back seat compact vehicle. These two vehicles are not comparable, but that is for the insurance company to decide, not the rental car company. The young man that helped me at the counter in the branch office is named mike. His employee number is e758fv. He was nice enough and upgraded me to a mid size instead of a compact, because he recognized the discrepancy in the vehicle sizes. He assigned me a black pt cruiser. The vehicle looked in well enough shape on the outside and looked to suffice my needs. When he and I opened the vehicle, it appeared stained throughout and smelled of smoke and as if it was sprayed to cover the smell. The vehicle also had over 40, 000 miles on it. Mike told me to come back later that day to try to receive a different vehicle. Unbeknownst to me until later, my wife mentioned she might have smelled liquor coming from mike. I smelled nothing on him and paid it no mind. I took the vehicle though, since I had to be at work. The vehicle smelled so bad to me, I had to ride with the windows down while riding in it. When I arrived at work, I called the branch and asked for a different vehicle. The personnel at the branch told me it was no problem and to come back in the afternoon to pick up a different vehicle. I went back at 5:30 pm and traded the vehicle for a kia optima. This vehicle smelled a little better and I believed I could make it work. While at the branch office, I asked an individual, I assumed to be the branch manager, erin m. Chadwick, if she smelled what I had smelled. I watched her open the door and put her face inside the pt cruiser. She stated she only smelled the spray that they use inside the vehicles. I told her that I may have a more heightened since of smell compared to her. I quickly dismissed the conversation, in hopes of receiving a different vehicle with less of an odor. The kia did have less of an odor and only had 25, 000 miles on it, but I wanted to give it a chance, since I needed a vehicle to get me around while my vehicle is in for repairs. After riding in the vehicle for a few days and the vehicle sitting in the hot summer sun, the odor from the spray used at the branch office fully enveloped the vehicle and again I had to ride around with the windows down. On friday, july 24th, I decided I could not take riding in the vehicle any more with the odor in it. I wanted to turn in that vehicle and go receive a vehicle from a different branch office. I arrived at the crofton branch office at 5:30 pm on friday, july 24th. The office was busy with at least four parties of customers in the office at any one time. While being waited on, again by mike, the phones and the customer service counter were busy with activity. At least four customers were at the counter with two service people behind the counter along with the same individual I assumed to be the branch manager. The phone at the counter was ringing constantly with customers calling for various things as I could make out. One individual called, which I determined to be female from the one sided conversation I heard, asking about renting a pickup truck. The individual I assumed to be the branch manager was the one handling the call. The customer asked the individual in the office if the pickup came with a towing hitch. The assumed branch manager stated she didn’t know if the vehicle had a tow hitch and would check. She put the customer on hold. Immediately the other associates at the counter told her that the vehicle did not. The individual who I assumed to be the branch manager, stated she knew, but she “wanted to let the customer simmer” on the phone while she managed the other items in front of her. I would like to remind you that she stated this in front of at least four customers at the counter and one individual waiting in the office. I received my completed paperwork prior to the phone being picked back up. I left and have since decided to never use that branch again. I then had my wife drive me to bwi international airport in hopes to pick up a vehicle from the enterprise located there. Again, unbeknownst to us airports do not honor insurance rental agreements. So I am now without a rental vehicle for the weekend again. Quite frankly, I am not impressed with my entire enterprise experience. I use rental vehicles frequently, due to my job and have never had this type of issue. I have never used enterprise for work and now I know why. I will ensure not to endorse enterprise and will not recommend using the company for work purposes in the future. It is too bad that a bad experience at a small branch can ruin a business’ reputation, but I am sure that others more than likely feel the same way with similar experiences. If I am the first, then I hope I haven’t wasted your time and I have brought light to the operations that take place at some of the small branch offices.
As a side note, my wife spoke with a co-worker on 24 july who stated that she was recently put into a rental car through enterprise and had similar problems with the condition of the vehicle she received. She said the car she received did not only have extremely loud road noise, but it was also filthy. She called the bwi international airport as well to see if she could change out the vehicle and was denied. Her rental was not through the same enterprise branch, but this shows a consistency in the poor condition of your vehicles as well as your customer service.
No thank you for your business in the future,
Unsatisfied customer

N  16th of Oct, 2014 by
Jon Smith, Customer service and satisfaction are very important to us at Enterprise. I would like to follow up with you. Please email me at care@enterprise.com with the complete details, exact renting location, contact information and any rental agreement numbers. I look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you. Chris, Social Media Monitor, Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Enterprise Holdings Logo Enterprise Holdings