Enterprise Rent-A-Car — fraudulent damage claim
Recent business requirements have meant frequent trips in and out of the Newark Airport, and Enterprise had been the rental car firm of my choice.
When the vehicle in question was checked out, it was at night, and the Enterprise representative noted that the review, less than two minutes in length, was a "mere formality", and that any damage incurred would have to be larger than the size of a quarter to be relevant.
Upon returning the vehicle, another representative spent a good fifteen minutes fine combing the vehicle, and decided that there was now visible damage, multiple small dents the “might have been caused by hail” to the roof of the car. I had difficulty seeing the damage she referenced and disputed her observations. She replied that I would have to take that up with the “damage assessment” group.
There is no damage visible in the photographs sent by Enterprise in response to my complaint, and none would have been visible at the time the vehicle was checked out - particularly given that neither I nor the representative specifically stepped up to examine the roof in the dark with flashlight. While the vehicle was in my possession, it was not exposed to heavy weather. Either there is no damage, or it existed on the vehicle prior to my rental.
Repeated attempts to reach Enterprise by phone, and messages left on voice mail, to discuss this claim and how best to dispute the claim have been unsuccessful. Repeated requests for a copy of the original, signed contract - not a computer generated receipt - have also been unsuccessful.
The claim is fraud, the “customer service” is awful, and the corporate response is boilerplate. Enterprise, and its National and Alamo affiliates, will never see another nickle of my personal funds, or any business from my corporation or its employees.
More Enterprise Rent-A-Car Complaints & Reviews
- Enterprise Rent A Car - deposit refund 
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car - toll violation and $15 admin fee b/c no one returns phone call 
- Enterprise Rent A Car - misleading, smoking policy, pick up,& drop off time 
- [Resolved] Damage Recovery Unit For Enterprise Rental Car - Billing for damage that is not responsibility 
- [Resolved] Enterprise Rent A Car - false damage claim 
- Enterprise Car Rental - damage claim
- Enterprise Car Rental - odor in car 
- [Resolved] Enterprise Holdings - rental/discrimination
- [Resolved] Enterprise Holdings - outrageous billing, false damage claims
- Enterprise Car Rental - wouldn't rent us a car