Enterprise Rent A Car / attaching my name to another's reservation and submitting the unpaid charges to a collection agency

1 1207 Lakeview DriveFranklin, TN, United States Review updated:
Phone: 615-794-1000

I had been a long time customer of Enterprise Rent A Car in Franklin, TN. One day I started receiving calls from this local rental office as well as the corporate office of Enterprise Rent A Car. The reason being that somehow my name had been attached to another person's car rental agreement and now they were coming after me for $520.74.

I kept calling the local office and have made several trips to the 1207 Lakeview Drive, Franklin, TN office and was told that they had in fact made this error and was going to correct it. I believed them and went on my way. However, I still kept receiving phone calls from this local office as well as the corporate office in regards to this mix-up. Again, I went down to this Franklin, TN rental office and was told again that they had corrected this problem. I was also promised that I would receive an actual letter from Enterprise Rent A Car that this problem had been resolved. I never received such a letter and these calls have continued on for almost a year now.

This past March 2007 I received a collection notice from a Collection Agency out of Illinois and guess who is showing up as the Creditor? You guessed it. Enterprise Rent A car! Once again this issue is not resolved and my name is still showing under that person's rental agreement and now they are coming after me for the $520.74 that someone else owes. Plus, this is showing on my credit report as well. I have gone back to this local office in Franklin, TN and talked with the manager, Mary Ann, who is an absolute idiot along with Andy, Ben, Lisa, and everyone else who has promised me over the last year that they made this mistake and STILL HAVE NOT corrected it! Unbelievable!!!

This issue is absolutely ridiculous and showing a negative on my credit report when I AM NOT the person who signed this rental agreement and they have me mixed up with someone else. Thus, NO ONE from Enterprise Rent A car will do anything to help me regarding this situation. Also, the Collection Agency will not help me either... I am now hiring an Attorney and hoping to get a local television station to complete an investigation of Enterprise Rent A Car! I have never in my life seen a company that made a mistake as this and then goes "Oh well, sorry for the mistake but you're going to have to fix it yourself."

I will never do business with Enterprise Rent A Car again! I was a great and loyal customer with them for over 6 years and for them to treat me this way is CRAZY and absurd!

Comments

In
  27th of Apr, 2011

I understand this response may be pretty late since the article was posted in 2008. However, have you placed a complaint with the BBB. I don't understyand how enterprise has received the J.D Power and Associate Award, yet their customer service is horrible.